The Han Solo Adventures by Brian Daley

"The Free-Flight Dance Dome was a first-class trough. It was equipped with a top-of-the-line gravity field, its console visible among the bottles, spigots, and taps, and other paraphernalia encircled by the bar. The field permitted the management to alter gravity anywhere on the premises, and so the dance floor and the dome over it had become a low-gee acrobatic playground in which singles, couples, and groups looped, floated, and spun with effortless grace. Han also spotted individual booths and tables where species from low-gravity worlds were taking their ease in comfort, the specific gravity of their area having been lowered for them."

I'm sorry, book. It's not you, book, it's me.

This promised fun but instead the story got lost on me. I just could not get interested in it.
It was all: gun smuggling, blah, blah, battle scene, blah, blah, quipping with female, blah, blah, getting attached to droid, blah blah...

I have no idea what I read. However, I am putting this down to the fact that sci-fi just is not my bag. At all. Not interested.

This edition contains three stories / books, but I only read At Stars' End, as part of a bingo challenge. ( )
  BrokenTune | Aug 21, 2016 |
I registered a book at BookCrossing.com!
  Lunapilot | Jul 19, 2016 |
A fun read with lots of action; this action is described in such detail that it's as if the book is trying to make you literally see it like a movie. ( )
  TrgLlyLibrarian | Feb 1, 2015 |
I liked these stories well enough. I don't have much experience reading the Star Wars EU books, so I can't judge these stories as compared to the rest. I felt these were solid, yet run of the mill adventure stories. The biggest (and some may say only) thing they have going for them is Han Solo. He is pretty close to how I think he should be portrayed in the book, with no major out of character moments that I can recall.

I'll give it 3 stars because it wasn't anything special but I still enjoyed reading them. ( )
  Sarah_Buckley | Jan 3, 2014 |
OK, so it's just adventure, and somewhat campy adventure at that ... I like it anyway. In each of these stories, which take place in the years before Episode IV, you see traces of the buried altrustic streak that prompted Han to stick around and intervene at the Death Star. (I hope that's not a spoiler for anyone.) ( )
  lunza | Mar 3, 2006 |
(Han Solo at Stars' End)
To Poul Anderson and Gordon R. Dickson,
For their kind words to a new guy
and
Owen Lock: learned editor and editor,
who'll race to Antares for pinks, any time
(Han Solo's Revenge)
For Cargo-master-apprentice Dane Thorson, Chief Scout Adam Reith, Jason dinAlt, Jame Retief of the Corps Diplomatique Terrestrienne and all others of that rare stripe
(Han Solo and the Lost Legacy)
A book for Linda Kuehl
and, with particlar gratitude,
for John A. Kearney
(Han Solo at Stars' End) "It's a warship all right. Damn!"
(Han Solo's Revenge) "Chewie, hey, I've got it!"
(Han Solo and the Lost Legacy) "Han Solo nearly had the control-stem leads hooked up, a sweaty job that had him stuck under the low-slung airspeeder for almost an hour, when there was a kick at his foot."

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0345379802, Mass Market Paperback)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:56 -0400)

"Han Solo soars again--in this awesome trilogy of his extraordinary exploits. Ride with him as he rides to the rescue, narrowly escapes certain death, and foils evil in its ruthelss tracks!"--Amazon.com

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,357,895 books! | Top bar: Always visible