The Berenstain Bears and the Trouble with Friends (1986)

by Stan Berenstain, Jan Berenstain

Lonely without friends her age to play with, Sister Bear is delighted when a new little girl cub moves into the house down the road.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
I liked this book. I liked this book because it gave great examples of friendship and compromise. Even though the characters are bears, the story line is exactly what happens with younger children. They want to be the boss. One of the main reasons as to why I liked this book was because of the way it was written. The writer made the story very engaging by the way she wrote the book. For example, “Sister Bear, if you don’t sit down this minute, I’m going to keep you after school….Is that so?...” The be coming friends with someone new keeps you engaged and then when they start to fight it also keeps you engaged. The author wanted me to keep reading with how she wrote the book. Another reason that I really liked this book was because of the illustrations. The illustrator adds tons of details. For example, on the classroom page in the book when the girls begin to fight, a piece of chalk falls of the chalkboard on to the ground. This is a good children’s book. ( )
  mwolf11 | Feb 27, 2017 |
sister bear and her friend have a fight. eventually the friends are able to talk out their problem and their opinions. the two girls are friends again.
3 books
  TUCC | Aug 26, 2016 |
37 months - O always likes these and they usually address some childhood issue that all kids struggle with at some point... ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
I really enjoyed this book. There are many Berenstain Bear books, so the readers can really begin to connect to the characters. The illustrations are great. Each picture is very colorful and detailed. The illustrator often uses multiple frames in one page when there is a lot going on. One thing I really liked about this story is that Sister Bear was complaining that Lizzy was bossy, which is the same thing Brother thought about Sister. The message of this book is that you should learn to take turns with your friends, and respect them, because it’s not fun to be lonely. ( )
  HeatherBallard | Nov 6, 2014 |

Berenstain, Stanprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Berenstain, Janmain authorall editionsconfirmed
When making friends,
the cub who’s wise
is the cub who learns to
compromise.
Sister and Brother Bear, who lived with their mama and papa in the big tree house down a sunny dirt road deep in Bear Country, were not only sister and brother, they were playmates and they got along pretty well -- most of the time.
Please be careful when combining Berenstain Bears books that contain "the Trouble with" as there are several different titles that contain this. Thanks.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,332,138 books! | Top bar: Always visible