Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes by…

Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes

by Mem Fox, Helen Oxenbury (Illustrator)

I think this book is so adorable. I think that you could definitely use it to count with young kids, and get them to start counting other things around them as well. Like how the author shows that babies are born all over the world, but we have the constant of ten little fingers, and ten little toes. I read this to my 6 year old nephew and he had to much fun counting to ten on his fingers and toes whenever the book would say that. I think this would be a great book to have in a classroom of young students. ( )
  ShannaYoung | Aug 22, 2019 |
Illustrations reflect babies born in different places.
  AlRagan | May 12, 2019 |
This story shows all these children being born around the world in different environments, yet they all have in common is that they all have ten little fingers and ten little toes.
  kpetterson90 | May 10, 2019 |
This book is about how all babies have ten little fingers and ten little toes! It doesn't matter where you're born, all little babies have ten little fingers and ten little toes!

This book is so adorable! I love the diversity in it and the illustrations are just so cute! I will definitely be adding this one to my library!
  Hayleykeyser | Oct 10, 2018 |

Fox, Memprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Oxenbury, HelenIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
For Helena, who teaches them all -M. F.

For all the babies of the world -H. O.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 015206057X, Hardcover)

As everyone knows, nothing is sweeter than tiny baby fingers and chubby baby toes. . . . And here, from two of the most gifted picture-book creators of our time, is a celebration of baby fingers, baby toes, and the joy they—and the babies they belong to—bring to everyone, everywhere, all over the world!

This is a gorgeously simple picture book for very young children, and once you finish the rhythmic, rhyming text, all you’ll want to do is go back to the beginning . . . and read it again! The luminous watercolor illustrations of these roly-poly little ones from a variety of backgrounds are adorable, quirky, and true to life, right down to the wrinkles, dimples, and pudges in their completely squishable arms, legs, and tummies.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:15 -0400)

Rhyming text compares babies born in different places and in different circumstances, but they all share the commonality of ten little fingers and ten little toes.

2 editions of this book were published by Penguin Australia.

Editions: 0670072397, 0143503588

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,504,569 books! | Top bar: Always visible