Flint (1960)

by Louis L'Amour

Fiction. Western. Thriller. Historical Fiction. HTML:

He left the West at the age of seventeen, leaving behind a rootless past and a bloody trail of violence. In the East he became one of the wealthiest financiers in America‚??and one of the most feared and hated.

Now, suffering from incurable cancer, he has come back to New Mexico to die alone. But when an all-out range war erupts, Flint chooses to help Nancy Kerrigan, a local rancher. A cold-eyed speculator is setting up the land swindle of a lifetime, and Buckdun, a notorious assassin, is there to back his play.

Flint alone can help Nancy save her ranch‚?¶with his cash, his connections‚??and his gun. He still has his legendary will to fight. All he needs is time, and that‚??s fast running… (more)

x
  jimbeal | May 16, 2024 |
Western
  BooksInMirror | Feb 19, 2024 |
One of my favorite Louis L'Amour books, it is the quintessential Western. A brave and hunted man, a strong and intelligent woman, and a beautiful landscape. In my opinion, one of the best of its kind. Not War and Peace, but sometimes you just want a good story that checks all the boxes. ( )
  TheGalaxyGirl | Sep 23, 2022 |
My favorite L'Amour book ever. I think I've read it 4 times. When I was a kid it appealed to my sense of adventure, the smart woman, the mysterious man who is wise and silent. Now I enjoy it because it showcases the many different types of people in the world all around us. And yes because of the awesomness of the man called Flint.
  DelightedLibrarian | Jan 2, 2018 |
Flint is not a masterpiece by any stretch, but it is an enjoyable read. Just some good old fashioned junk food for the mind. If you enjoy Westerns, give it a read. ( )
1 vote Jamie.Kessinger | Dec 14, 2017 |

Louis L'Amourprimary authorall editionscalculated
McKnight, AlanCartographorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
[None]
[None]
It is given to few people in this world to disappear twice but, as he had succeeded once, the man known as James T. Kettleman was about to make his second attempt.

Fiction. Western. Thriller. Historical Fiction. HTML:

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,558,824 books! | Top bar: Always visible