Seeking the Heart of Wisdom: The Path of…

Seeking the Heart of Wisdom: The Path of Insight Meditation (Shambhala… (1987)

by Joseph Goldstein, Jack Kornfield (Author)

Series: Shambhala Classics

This one is intense and interesting if you are interested in meditation. Unfortunately the section about karma and the different levels of existence that you may be born to depending on your state of mind at death just seemed silly but I found the rest of the book worthwhile. (May 13, 2006) ( )
  cindywho | May 27, 2019 |

Goldstein, JosephAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Kornfield, JackAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Dalai Lama XIVForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Hall, Robert K.Forewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 157062805X, Paperback)

In Seeking the Heart of Wisdom Goldstein and Kornfield present the central teachings and practices of insight meditation in a clear and personal language. The path of insight meditation is a journey of understanding our bodies, our minds, and our lives, of seeing clearly the true nature of experience. The authors guide the reader in developing the openness and compassion that are at the heart of this spiritual practice. For those already treading the path, as well as those just starting out, this book will be a welcome companion along the way. Among the topics covered are:

•  The hindrances to meditation—ranging from doubt and fear to painful knees—and skillful means of overcoming them
   •  How compassion can arise in response to the suffering we see in our own lives and in the world
   •  How to integrate a life of responsible action and service with a meditative life based on nonattachment

Useful exercises are presented alongside the teachings to help readers deepen their understanding of the subjects.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:21 -0400)

"Among the topics covered are: The hindrances to meditaiton--ranging from doubt and fear to painful knees--and skillful means of overcoming them; How compassion can arise in response to the suffering we see in our own lives and in the world; How to integrate a life of responsible action and service with a meditative life based on nonattachment" (cover)… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,361,964 books! | Top bar: Always visible