Honeymoon of the Dead by Tate Hallaway

Honeymoon of the Dead

by Tate Hallaway

I had trouble getting my head into this book, I must admit I skimmed some parts. There was a lot of personal introspection and not much action and the rest of the plot seemed a little disjointed - most of the events seemed to be thrown in to make it interesting but the majority of the book involved Garnet having an epiphany and reflecting on her life, I suppose it's because she has a lot of growing up to do. The ending wrapped up nicely, with a little unexpected shock at the end to add some spice. ( )
  yas4735 | May 1, 2018 |
I just love the Garnet books. This one takes place right after her wedding. She and Sebastian are about to go on their honeymoon however an ice giant decides to freeze the wings on the plane. This is the first of a number of supernatural creatures or gods that come into play in this book. A troll who's a cab driver. The monkey king who's a bellboy and others. With the problems with the plane they are stuck in Minneapolis-St. Paul. This is where Garnett is from and she wants to show her new husband around. They meet Sebastians stalker in a local diner. Shortly thereafter Sebastian is arrested by immigration. Garnett gets kidnapped and a slew of other problems happen while they are stuck. ( )
  ChrisWeir | Jan 13, 2017 |
I love this series and would have liked to have seen it continued. There's just so much more trouble and fun Garnet can still get into. ( )
  Bellacuore | Sep 22, 2015 |
It's a bit of a handicap to start with the last book in a series, but there were enough references to the past to let me know what was going on. Garnet and Sebastian are a nice couple. I liked Garnet's explanation for why she keeps seeing various gods and goddesses. I also liked her opinion of what she used to be like before the Vatican witch hunters came after her. It's a bit of a shame that Athena and Lilith don't get along (to put it mildly), because each can be helpful, depending upon the situation. If Garnet has to choose between them, which one will have to go? The supporting cast isn't bad. Of the bit players, the black cat (nicely silhouetted on the title page), is my favorite. If the various attackers keep spoiling the honeymoon, they do serve to keep the action going. I'd like to read the earlier books. ( )
  JalenV | Nov 5, 2011 |
This would have been better if I had read the previous book. It was an okay read but without the past knowledge I know I missed a lot. ( )
  Cradlow | Oct 14, 2010 |
For my beloveds: Shawn and Mason
A honeymoon in Transylvania with her vampire husband.
He seemed to be expecting something dramatic next, like maybe a sudden shower of dust, a la a scene from Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

In wintry Wisconsin, occult bookseller-and witch-Garnet Lacey isn't immune to the cold. But even though her new vampire husband doesn't actually have a pulse, love will keep them warm-if the honeymoon doesn't drive them apart.

Thanks to a vengeful frost demon, instead of a gothic honeymoon in Transylvania, Garnet and Sebastian are stuck in exotic Minneapolis, Minnesota. And with gods and goddesses running amok all over town, Garnet can't seem to find much quality time for her new hubby.

Instead of a honeymoon in Transylvania, Garnet Lacey and her husband, the vampire Sebastian, are stuck in Minneapolis, Minnesota.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,321,579 books! | Top bar: Always visible