Fantasy. Fiction. HTML:Devastated by the loss of his friends, Drizzt Do'Urden resumes his vicious battle against the orc army and King Obould Many-Arrows

Drizzt Do'Urden knows what it means to be alone. As a young drow, he was exiled from his home in the Underdark, reviled and feared by his own kind. Only after an arduous journey to Faerűn did he meet the surface dwellers who accepted him, befriended him, and became his steadfast allies. Now, those friends lie dead beneath a fallen tower, leaving Drizzt more alone than he has ever been before.
Fueled by his rage and sorrow, Drizzt becomes the Hunter—the ultimate enemy of the orc hordes still ravaging the North under King Obould's command. Convinced that everything he loves has been destroyed, he vows to do nothing except kill, kill, and kill again until there are no enemies left. But in the midst of Drizzt's days of endless slaughter, a pair of elves appear with their pegasi, a promise of aid—and a spark of hope.
The Lone Drow is the second book in The Hunter's Blades trilogy and the fifteenth installment in the Legend of Drizzt series..
… (more)

English (6)  Spanish (1)  All languages (7)
The worst kinds of Mary Sue, to me, are the Bulletproof Sue and the Constantly Brooding Sue. Driz'zt is both. Ugh. ( )
  benjamin.duffy | Jul 28, 2013 |
The orcs are gathering in great numbers to try and take Mithrill Hall if not all the northland. Seperated from his friends he thinks to be dead, Drizzt embarks on a quest of vengence and slaughter. Back at Mithrill Hall Bruener lays near death while the rest fight on.

Being a R. A. Salvatore fan I may be biased but once again I feel he has done a wonderful job with this second book in the trilogy. A gripping tale with superb battles made it a very quick read since I could not put it down. ( )
  LouCypher | Jun 9, 2009 |
Interesting, but not really as good as some of his other Drizzt novels - though better than some too! ( )
  Karlstar | Nov 23, 2008 |
I really enjoyed this book. Recently I have been re-reading through the Drizzt books. At the time that I read this I was between Streams of Silver and The Halfling’s Gem. This book is quite different from the older books, but it was still very enjoyable. It took a while for the book to build up, but once it got going it was fantastic. I got tired of Drizzt being all mopey. The alter-ego of the Hunter wasn’t as strong as I was expecting. In Exile, the Hunter took over Drizzt’s life. He couldn’t turn it on and off as he pleased. In this one he used it to his gain, and then maybe felt bad afterwards. I was looking forward to that struggle with the Hunter taking control. The plot with Bruenor had been spoiled for me by reading a poorly written review, so I missed out on some of the suspense that should have been there. Still it was a great book. I liked the groove that you see Catti-Brie and Wulfgar falling into. Also, I like the twist introduced by the relationship between Drizzt and Innovindil. ( )
  rbtwinky | May 7, 2008 |
It took me a little while to get into this one, mainly because I initially had some difficulty relating to Drizzt's motivations. I got a better grasp on where he was coming from as the book progressed, though, and overall I enjoyed it. ( )
  xicanti | Dec 23, 2006 |

R. A. Salvatoreprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lockwood, ToddCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,598,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible