Bringing Up Boys: Practical Advice and Encouragement for Those Shaping the… (2001)

by James C. Dobson

Here's sensible advice and caring encouragement on raising boys from the nation's most trusted parenting authority, Dr. James Dobson.With so much confusion about the role of men in our society, it's no wonder so many parents and teachers are asking questions about how to bring up boys. Why are so many boys in crisis? What qualities should we be trying to instill in young males? Our culture has vilified masculinity and, as a result, an entire generation of boys is growing up without a clear idea of what it means to be a man.In the runaway bestseller Bringing Up Boys, Dr. Dobson draws from his experience as a child psychologist and family counselor, as well as extensive research, to offer advice and encouragement based on a firm foundation of biblical principles.… (more)

Sensible advice and caring encouragement on raising boys from the nation's most trusted parenting authority. With so much confusion about the role of men in our society, it's no wonder so many parents and teachers are at a loss about how to bring up boys. Our culture has vilified masculinity and, as a result, boys are often suffering.
  StarBethlehem | Aug 12, 2019 |
你可有想到育養男孩是一個特別的使命? 美國家庭研究權威杜布森博士 (Dr. James Dobson) 與你分享,父母如何能把不成熟、反覆無常的小伙子,培養為誠實而有愛心、尊重女性、果斷有力和擁有健康的男性氣質的男人。
  OCMCCP | Jan 8, 2018 |
This book should be more accurately titled "Raising Good Boys in Today's Hostile Social Environment." Much of the book details the external societal factors that influence the raising of
boys and the forces that parents must work against. Only tidbits throughout the first sections and the last 2 chapters provide parenting advice directly applicable to boys' behavior. These are: take the TV and PCs out of the kids' rooms, how to discipline your children, ways to get your sons' attention, the importance of teaching them a work ethic, and the need to exert authority over children. ( )
  Hae-Yu | May 22, 2015 |
Some good points, but I just never felt compelled to use it as a continuing reference. ( )
  wareagle78 | Jan 25, 2014 |
Too little biblical authority; way too much reliance on statistical data and personal anecdote. Read "Raising a Modern Day Knight" by Robert Lewis instead. ( )
  journeyguy | Apr 2, 2013 |
Greetings to all the men and women out there who are blessed to be called parents.
ISBN 1589970403 is for the video
ISBNs 0842356177 and 0842322973 are for the abridged audiobook
Please do not combine works with these ISBNs with the book since they are not the same work.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,014,593 books! | Top bar: Always visible