Living by the Book (1991)

by Howard Hendricks, William D. Hendricks

For every person who draws strength and direction from the Bible, there are many more who struggle with it. Some call it a long book with fine print and obscure meaning. Some call it a mystery, a chore to read, or an undecipherable puzzle. The good news is you can easily solve this problem. With over 300,000 sold, this revised and expanded edition of Living by the Book will remove the barriers that keep Scripture from transforming your life. In a simple, step-by-step fashion, the authors explain how to glean truth from Scripture. It is practical, readable, and applicable. By following its easy-to-apply principles, you'll soon find yourself drawing great nourishment from the Word--and enjoying the process! The Living by the Book Workbook is the perfect compliment to provide practical application of lessons.… (more)

This book is part of my collection that really focuses in on Biblical Commentary more than anything else (including some well known authors in the theological world). All of these books haven't been read cover to cover, but I've spent a lot of time with them and they've been helpful in guiding me through difficult passages (or if I desire to dig deeper). ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Jul 31, 2018 |
A very detailed book on studying the bible great info. ( )
  nirrad | Feb 20, 2018 |
Reviewed on The Light Network
  coldwaterchurch | Jul 23, 2017 |
Hendricks writes both for the theologian and the novice Bible reader. He's clear, simple, and profoundly helpful in understanding how to appropriately read the Bible in the context of its original audience and meaning. This book was required reading for my seminary courses and, thus, I assumed it would be lofty in its presentation. However, Hendricks has a knack for making what would otherwise be complex ideas quite simple and accessible to every reader, regardless of age, background, or education. I highly recommend this book both for the avid studier of the Bible and for the curious lay reader of the Bible. ( )
  thetrevr | May 1, 2016 |
I went through this book with my girlfriend and we both benefited a lot from it. This is an excellent intro. to Bible study methods and hermeneutics book. One point Hendricks reiterates time and time again is that the Word of God was written not to learn about, but to change your life! This is an excellent overview of Bible study and would be extremely beneficial to people just starting out. ( )
  lmathews | Jun 3, 2006 |

Howard Hendricksprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hendricks, William D.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Swindoll, Charles R.Forewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,919,389 books! | Top bar: Always visible