Living by the Book by Howard Hendricks

Living by the Book (1991)

by Howard Hendricks, William D. Hendricks

Principles and procedures that will make your personal Bible study more fruitful and productive. You'll be challenged to read more closely and probe more deeply, and you'll learn how to make key observations that will bring fresh application to your life.

This book is part of my collection that really focuses in on Biblical Commentary more than anything else (including some well known authors in the theological world). All of these books haven't been read cover to cover, but I've spent a lot of time with them and they've been helpful in guiding me through difficult passages (or if I desire to dig deeper). ( )
  justagirlwithabook | Jul 31, 2018 |
A very detailed book on studying the bible great info. ( )
  nirrad | Feb 20, 2018 |
Reviewed on The Light Network
  coldwaterchurch | Jul 23, 2017 |
Hendricks writes both for the theologian and the novice Bible reader. He's clear, simple, and profoundly helpful in understanding how to appropriately read the Bible in the context of its original audience and meaning. This book was required reading for my seminary courses and, thus, I assumed it would be lofty in its presentation. However, Hendricks has a knack for making what would otherwise be complex ideas quite simple and accessible to every reader, regardless of age, background, or education. I highly recommend this book both for the avid studier of the Bible and for the curious lay reader of the Bible. ( )
  thetrevr | May 1, 2016 |
I went through this book with my girlfriend and we both benefited a lot from it. This is an excellent intro. to Bible study methods and hermeneutics book. One point Hendricks reiterates time and time again is that the Word of God was written not to learn about, but to change your life! This is an excellent overview of Bible study and would be extremely beneficial to people just starting out. ( )
  lmathews | Jun 3, 2006 |

Howard Hendricksprimary authorall editionscalculated
Hendricks, William D.main authorall editionsconfirmed
Swindoll, Charles R.Forewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,199,849 books! | Top bar: Always visible