The No Spin Zone: Confrontations with the Powerful and Famous in America

by Bill O'Reilly

Politics. Nonfiction. HTML:Bill O'Reilly is even madder today than when he wrote his last book, The O'Reilly Factor, and his fans love him even more. He's mad because things have gone from bad to worse in politics, in Hollywood, in every social stratum of the nation. True to its title, The No Spin Zone cuts through all the rhetoric that some of O'Reilly's most infamous guests have spewed to expose what's really on their minds, while sharing plenty of his own emphatic counterpoints along the way.
Shining a searing spotlight on public figures from President George W. Bush and Senator Hillary Clinton to the Reverends Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to his former CBS News colleague Dan Rather, The No Spin Zone is laced with the kind of straight-shooting commentary that has made O'Reilly the voice of middle America's disenfranchised.
From the Trade Paperback edition..
… (more)

Awesome!! The only bad part of the book was when it ended! ( )
  Timebender | Jun 30, 2013 |
Bill's best work, in my humble opinion. ( )
  tmstimbert | Jul 26, 2008 |
I read the O'Reilly Factor when it came out and thought it was okay. I picked this book up expecting it to be a bit more interesting since he was profiling some of his more famous guests. I gotta say that it was a bit light on substance. I felt like I had just watched a greatest hits clip of his show after reading it.

This is a quick read and good for those who don't always watch his show. He'll probably include some interviews you missed. Overall, don't expect to find some great revelation from Bill. I agree with another reviewer that books might not be his thing. ( )
1 vote MatthewN | Jan 19, 2008 |
A little more focused than The O'Reilly Factor but still pretty pedestrian. I don't think books are really Bill's media. ( )
1 vote badgenome | Oct 22, 2007 |
Very easy to read. If you like Bill O'Reilly, you'll love this book. Each chapter is it's own topic. He provides interviews he's had with some fairly powerful people, after which he discusses the conversation and adds his "opinion" on the topic.

Like I mentioned about his other book, I don't agree with all his positions, but O'Reilly provides good arguments. That's all he wants from his guests. Answer questions with facts, no spin. Let the viewer decide.

Among the people featured in the book are Al Sharpton, Dr. Laura, Sean "Puffy" Combs, Susan Sarandon, John McCain, George W. Bush, James Carville, Mario Cuomo, and Dan Rather. All these people O'Reilly points out that he admires for their proactiveness and willingness to come on his show and answer tough questions. The Reverend Sharpton actually admits that Bill was right on a subject. Although he admits this after the camera is off.
The topics include drugs, sex and violence as it pertains to kids, the media, Hollywood, the Mexican border, law enforcement, taxes, capital punishment, Jesse Jackson, and Bill Clinton.

Thought provoking and easy to read. I finished this book in two days. I've modified my views on some issues and fortified my views on others. ( )
  kkirkhoff | Jul 20, 2006 |
Please do not combine with The O'Reilly Factor. Thank you.

From the Trade Paperback edition..

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 204,110,365 books! | Top bar: Always visible