Arthur's Honey Bear by Lillian Hoban
Arthur decides to sell his old toys but is reluctant to part with his old bear.

Elementary
  SteppLibrary | May 17, 2018 |
This story can be summed up in one phrase, "one man's trash is another man's treasure". Arthur has decided to sell some of his toys after sorting the ones he likes and dislikes. His little sister assists him in this project. However, he has a hard time letting go of his things, especially his Honey Bear. Thankfully, his little sister buys it from him so it is still in the house. But, Arthur gets jealous that is hers now. They come to a compromise that Author is Honey Bear's Uncle now so they can still spend time together. This would be great book to teach children the value of sharing and to respect others possessions because it could mean a lot to them. ( )
  AnnaMoody | Nov 19, 2012 |
Arthur learns the lesson of letting something go that you love. He ends up getting lucky when his honey bear is returned to him. ( )
  LainaBourgeois | Mar 14, 2012 |
Reason for Reading: Ds read aloud to me as his reader.

Arthur and his sister Violet are cleaning out their toys and decide to sell some of them in a tag sale but Arthur has a hard time deciding whether to sell his Honey Bear or not. I was never fond of this series as a child myself. Can't really say why, just that Arthur never appealed to me. But since we had this one on the shelf we used it as a reader. The reading level was just on par with ds's abilities but the story was on the immature side and I can't say he was much interested in it either. Not a bad story but certainly recommended for the youngest ages, 5/6 or so. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jul 12, 2011 |
Arthur decides to sell his old toys but is reluctant to part with his old bear.
  hgcslibrary | Nov 29, 2009 |
For Eban and Willa Hagerty
It was spring-cleaning day.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,957,310 books! | Top bar: Always visible