HomeGroupsTalkMoreZeitgeist
Search Site
This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Loading...

Prince of the Blood (1989)

by Raymond E. Feist

Other authors: See the other authors section.

Series: Krondor's Sons (Book 1), Die Spaltkrieg-Saga (5), The Riftwar Cycle, Publication Order (Krondor's Sons, Book 1), The Riftwar Cycle, Alternative Reading Order (Krondor's Sons, Book 1), The Riftwar Cycle, Chronological Order (Krondor's Sons, Book 1)

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
3,091223,199 (3.62)17
Updated and revised with new material for its 15th anniversary, this special edition presents the novel--with its sweeping imagination, wonderfully drawn characters, and dark intrigue--as Feist always meant for it to be written.
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 17 mentions

English (21)  French (1)  All languages (22)
Showing 1-5 of 21 (next | show all)
The men in this book just keep falling in love right and left - it's seriously distracting and makes it not my favorite of the Feist books. But since there's 30something books in the Cycle, I'm not surprised there are a few I don't dig as much as the rest. ( )
  SSBranham | Sep 17, 2020 |
Thoroughly enjoyed this book.It was the fantasy w/o the mystical dragons,but there was magic.And to my surprise there was a mystery involving a death.

Although it's really a coming of age story of two brothers it is mainly focused on.

They are the sons of the Prince of Krondor! ( )
  chalton | Jul 14, 2020 |
When I first thought of reading these books back in the 90's, I had some sort of presentiment that I wouldn't like it half as much as the Magician books... and so I let it go by the wayside. Now, so many years later, I decided to go back and pick up all the rest of the Feist novels and finally enjoy them anyway. The author has proven a lot of staying power... and it's for good reason.

THIS WAS GREAT! :)

Prince Arutha's twin sons, Erland and Borric, begin a couple of troublemakers who get into just enough trouble to be sent away as diplomats to straighten them out. After Borric seems to have been killed only to be sent into slavery, the two brothers have a very wild and impressive fantasy adventure ranging from escaping a sea blockade, taking up with mercenaries, and falling in with the scantily-clad Kesh royalty as schemes and plots come to a boil. Treason and a coup is part of the table settings. :)

Sound pretty standard? It would be except Feist writes one hell of a fast, fun, and awesome tale. It's more than just a coming-of-age tale. It's popcorn adventure with cameos of so many of our favorites from the previous novels. Jimmy the Hand has a big role and Pug comes and goes, but it's Pug's daughter who rather stole the stage a few times. :)

I was never once bored as I read this. I had a great time throughout. :) The worldbuilding is just as fun as the characters and the plot is more than fine. It's complicated enough to keep any adventure freak on their toes. :) ( )
  bradleyhorner | Jun 1, 2020 |
It had been a long time since I first read this (and this is the first time I've read the re-written version), and I was surprised at the quick pace of this one compared to the original Riftwar trilogy.
Honestly? this one is fluff. But it's fun, exciting fluff that makes for engaging reading. Also, there's Nakor, who is one of the most memorable characters in Feist's entire universe. ( )
  Sammystarbuck | Nov 6, 2019 |
Weer een deel uit deze sage uit. Jammer dat er zo'n groot tijdsverschil zit tussen dit boek en [b:Duisternis over Sethanon|17789928|Duisternis over Sethanon (De oorlog van de Grote Scheuring, #3)|Raymond E. Feist|https://s.gr-assets.com/assets/nophoto/book/50x75-a91bf249278a81aabab721ef782c4a74.png|15940], namelijk 18 jaar. 18 Jaar waarin veel gebeurt schijnt te zijn, waar we nu nog geen weet van hebben. Tenzij het in een van de nog te lezen boeken nog ter sprake komt.

De tweeling, Borric en Erland, van prins Arutha zijn in het begin niets meer dan een stelletje lastposten. Ze nemen het niet zo nauw met hun vaders opdrachten. Om hen in bedwang te houden, stuurt Arutha op een diplomatieke missie naar Kesh. Na een vechtpartij in een zandstorm verliezen de tweeling elkaar uit het oog. Erland denkt dat zijn broer dood is, maar later blijkt dat hij gevangen is genomen door een slavenhandelaar. Borland doet er alles aan om te ontsnappen en met hulp van een huurling, een bedelaarsjongen en Nakur, een Isalanische oplichter en magiër, lukt het uiteindelijk om in het Keizerlijke kasteel te komen.

Dit boek bevat de nodige intriges, magie etc. Helaas dit keer geen draken :(.

Jammer van de twee doden, op zijn minst had Borric een staatsbegrafenis kunnen regelen voor de bedelaarsjongen Suli Abdul, die tijdens een gevecht voor hem stierf.

Op naar het volgende deel ( )
  EdwinKort | Oct 18, 2019 |
Showing 1-5 of 21 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review

» Add other authors (11 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Raymond E. Feistprimary authorall editionscalculated
Aher, JackieMapssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Heufkens, RichardTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Johnson, KevinCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

The Riftwar Cycle, Publication Order (Krondor's Sons, Book 1)
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
This book is dedicated with love to my wife,
Kathlyn Starbuck,
who makes everything make sense
First words
The inn was quiet.
Quotations
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Original language
Information from the German Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to your language.
Canonical DDC/MDS

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (3)

Updated and revised with new material for its 15th anniversary, this special edition presents the novel--with its sweeping imagination, wonderfully drawn characters, and dark intrigue--as Feist always meant for it to be written.

No library descriptions found.

Book description
Haiku summary

Quick Links

Popular covers

Rating

Average: (3.62)
0.5 1
1 5
1.5 3
2 35
2.5 12
3 160
3.5 31
4 191
4.5 14
5 82

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

 

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,861,016 books! | Top bar: Always visible