The War of the Ember

by Kathryn Lasky

The strange, maniacal blue owl known as the Striga has been rousted from the Great Ga'Hoole Tree. Nyra, leader of the vicious Pure Ones, is either dead or laying low in some distant land,leaving the tree finally at peace. As if fed by an invisible spring, learning and the lively arts flourish at the great tree and spread throughout the owl kingdoms.… (more)

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Very fun read. I love Lasky's style of writing! Great story, interesting characters, and a strong plot. ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
The Great Ga'Hoole Tree is threatened by Nyra and The Striga. Coryn must make a big decision. Should they go into battle? Should they stay on the defensive side? And if they do go into battle, what strategy should they use? So many things to think about in so little time. Will The Great Tree win, or the evil owls from hagsmire? This was an awesome series! I wish there was more Guardian books for me to read! I have always wondered what owls did at night. Now I know. They fight battles, hunt for food, and go on dangerous missions! I think everyone should read this series. ( )
  AislinnH.B1 | Oct 3, 2013 |
In this final installment of the Guardians of Ga'Hoole, King Coryn and the Band must fight a final war against the Nyra and the Striga, who've teamed up to raise an army of hagsfiends. This was a good ending to the series, although it was perhaps a little too sad. ( )
  The_Hibernator | Jun 25, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,532,164 books! | Top bar: Always visible