Cape Storm by Rachel Caine

Cape Storm

by Rachel Caine

Whew! This one took my breath away! It's definitely a favorite of mine within the Weather Warden series! Now I understand the build up in the last two books. It was worth the wait and the cliffhanger endings!

In this installment, a deadly storm is heading for the coast of Florida. It's unlike any the wardens have encountered, controlled by an evil force. To deal with the problem, the wardens and djinn board a cruise ship and head out to sea, knowing that the storm will chase them. Can't tell you how without spoiling it for you. Just read the book. You won't be sorry. All of our favorite characters are on board (literally) and each one is facing his or her own personal challenge in connection to the coming battle. Lewis is forced to make some heartbreaking decisions and is struggling with the "right" and "wrong" ways of fighting the storm. It was neat to see him struggle with his humanity. He's always been the strongest warden out there, and with so much on the line, we get to see a bit of his ruthless side.

Jo is up there with Mercy Thompson and Kate Daniels on my list of favorite heroines. She's strong and resilient and willing to give her life for the innocent. This is her biggest challenge yet as the evil force controlling the storm has a physical hold on her. David is by her side through the majority of the book, juggling his own set of problems. He's busy leading the djinn and fighting to contain the darkness that has invaded Jo. If he can't stop Jo's demon mark from taking over, it will swallow her moral compass completely. This leads to a conflict with Lewis that was jaw dropping! This was just an overall exciting and fun book to read!

The ending surprised me and it's a fantastic segue into the final book of the series, which I suspect will be amazing! I don't know what I'll do without more Jo and David books in my future! Ack! ( )
  Becky_McKenna | Mar 10, 2016 |
Joann just wants to have her honeymoon with David, but has to fight the demon mark that Bad Bob put on her. I think that Joann dies twice here and comes out human at the end. Of course she and David won't stay that way for long, but we'll have to wait for the next book to find out for sure. Better than the last one! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Interesting story....Joanne plays the antagonist some in this book rather than the other way around, but I feel Ms. Caine just slightly missed on developing Joanne as the bad guy. I enjoyed it as part of the overall saga....one more to finish this overall story. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 15, 2014 |
I've been going pretty hardcore on this series, and I feel with this book that my attention is starting to wane somewhat. Maybe it's the premise - although having it set on a cruise ship is actually kinda nifty. Maybe it's just that the whole black mark, evil Joanne thing bugged me a bit. Who knows. As I neared the end, was trying to decide whether to plunge straight into Total Eclipse or pause for a breath of fresh air.

I plunged right in. So I guess I'm still addicted! ( )
  LemurKat | Sep 12, 2013 |
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
To Ter Matthies. For courage, for peace, for sailing on ahead. We'll meet on the shore.
I’ve had many oh crap moments in my life. If you know me at all, you can imagine how many of them there have been, and the rising scale of crapitude that these moments cover.

Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin and her new husband, the Djinn David, are running from a malevolent hurricane bent on destroying her. Joined by an army of fellow Wardens and Djinn onboard a hijacked luxury liner, Joanne has lured the storm into furious pursuit. But even their combined magic may not be enough to stop it-nor the power-mad ex-Weather Warden controlling it.

"Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin and her new husband, the Djinn David, are running from a malevolent hurricane bent on destroying her. Joined by an army of fellow Wardens and Djinn onboard a hijacked luxury liner, Joanne has lured the storm into furious pursuit. But even their combined magic may not be enough to stop it--nor the power-mad ex-Weather Warden controlling it" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,628,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible