Cape Storm by Rachel Caine

Cape Storm

by Rachel Caine

Joann just wants to have her honeymoon with David, but has to fight the demon mark that Bad Bob put on her. I think that Joann dies twice here and comes out human at the end. Of course she and David won't stay that way for long, but we'll have to wait for the next book to find out for sure. Better than the last one! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
Interesting story....Joanne plays the antagonist some in this book rather than the other way around, but I feel Ms. Caine just slightly missed on developing Joanne as the bad guy. I enjoyed it as part of the overall saga....one more to finish this overall story. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 15, 2014 |
I've been going pretty hardcore on this series, and I feel with this book that my attention is starting to wane somewhat. Maybe it's the premise - although having it set on a cruise ship is actually kinda nifty. Maybe it's just that the whole black mark, evil Joanne thing bugged me a bit. Who knows. As I neared the end, was trying to decide whether to plunge straight into Total Eclipse or pause for a breath of fresh air.

I plunged right in. So I guess I'm still addicted! ( )
  LemurKat | Sep 12, 2013 |
Amazon preorder
  romsfuulynn | Apr 28, 2013 |
Been so busy over the past few days I only had time to read in bits and pieces - Having just finished [b:Gale Force|2295830|Gale Force (Weather Warden, #7)|Rachel Caine|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1256098447s/2295830.jpg|2302139] you plunge straight back into the story without a chance to breathe. There were some really interesting scenes in this installment - Lewis's confession and choices, Joanne struggling against Bad Bob's influence and David's fear and fury. Of course there is also non stop action, but the strong emotions almost overshadow it.Another entertaining read with a suprise ending - looking forward to [b:Total Eclipse|7048787|Total Eclipse (Weather Warden, #9)|Rachel Caine|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1265266930s/7048787.jpg|7299154] ( )
  shelleyraec | May 9, 2011 |
To Ter Matthies. For courage, for peace, for sailing on ahead. We'll meet on the shore.
I’ve had many oh crap moments in my life. If you know me at all, you can imagine how many of them there have been, and the rising scale of crapitude that these moments cover.

Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin and her new husband, the Djinn David, are running from a malevolent hurricane bent on destroying her. Joined by an army of fellow Wardens and Djinn onboard a hijacked luxury liner, Joanne has lured the storm into furious pursuit. But even their combined magic may not be enough to stop it-nor the power-mad ex-Weather Warden controlling it.

"Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin and her new husband, the Djinn David, are running from a malevolent hurricane bent on destroying her. Joined by an army of fellow Wardens and Djinn onboard a hijacked luxury liner, Joanne has lured the storm into furious pursuit. But even their combined magic may not be enough to stop it--nor the power-mad ex-Weather Warden controlling it" -- from publisher's web site.… (more)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 103,081,078 books! | Top bar: Always visible