Island of the Sequined Love Nun

by Christopher Moore

Take a wonderfully crazed excursion into the demented heart of a tropical paradise - a world of cargo cults, cannibals, mad scientists, ninjas, and talking fruit bats. Our bumbling hero is Tucker Case, a hopeless geek trapped in a cool guy's body, who makes a living as a pilot for the Mary Jean Cosmetics Corporation. But when he demolishes his boss's pink plane during a drunken airborne liaison, Tuck must run for his life from Mary Jean's goons. Now there's only one employment opportunity left for him: piloting shady secret missions for an unscrupulous medical missionary and a sexy blond high priestess on the remotest of Micronesian hells. Here is a brazen, ingenious, irreverent, and wickedly funny novel from a modern master of the outrageous.… (more)
    Who's Afraid of Beowulf? by Tom Holt (Dr.Science)
    Dr.Science: The English author Tom Holt is relatively unknown in America, but very popular in England. If you enjoy Jasper Fforde or Christopher Moore you will most certainly enjoy Tom Holt's wry sense of English humor and the absurd. He has written a number of excellent books including Expecting Someone Taller, and Flying Dutch, but they may be difficult to find at your library or bookstore.… (more)

English (78)  Hungarian (1)  All languages (79)
rabck from Azuki; a blend of lunacy, larceny and irreverence with a bumbling pilot hero, tropical island with WWII debris, cannibal natives on one side and a greedy unscrupulous medical mission on the other..oh and a talking fruit bat named Roberto and a WWI pilot ghost named Vincent who had a pin-up painting of a sky priestess on his plane. Well, you just have to read it to see how all these pieces fall together with a happy ending, and it's quite a ride getting there! ( )
  nancynova | Mar 7, 2021 |
This was another good Moore book. I liked this one because it was a little different then the others, good story and good characters. If you like Chris Moore this one should be on your list. ( )
  Rick686ID | Jan 27, 2021 |
Kindle (LFPL)
  mikeemcg | Jun 28, 2020 |
Oh, how I love me some Christopher Moore. I mean, I love him more when the Shakespeare is a bit more on the nose, but this one was also awesome. Sometimes, the absurdity, the boy humor (the gross out jokes), and the randomness are a bit much, but it was still a very good time. And, the way this one leans in constantly on deus ex machinas were kind of okay, once you gave into them.
I loved the chapter titles; they are sasstastic. ( )
  alailiander | Oct 24, 2019 |
After reading The Stupidest Angel over the holidays, I was especially intrigued by Roberto T. Fruitbat, and wanted to know more about him. I was a little taken aback at poor Tuck's horrific accident, but loved Moore's singular sense of humor. This whole story was just so outrageous, but had surprising depth too. I really enjoyed Tuck's transformation throughout the book. This is far from the last of Christopher Moore I will read; he never fails to make me laugh out loud. ( )
  liannecollins | Apr 18, 2019 |

Belongs to Publisher Series

Tucker Case awoke to find himself hanging from a breadfruit tree by a coconut fiber rope.
"Like most of the big missteps he had taken is his life, it had started in a bar."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,122,438 books! | Top bar: Always visible