Long Lost by Harlan Coben

Long Lost (2009)

by Harlan Coben

1,470None5,048 (3.62)26
2009 (18) 2010 (8) Adult Fiction (6) audio (7) audiobook (7) Coben (9) crime (29) crime fiction (11) detective (6) ebook (11) fiction (84) France (9) hardcover (11) Harlan Coben (6) Kindle (9) library (5) murder (7) Myron Bolitar (44) mystery (85) mystery fiction (5) Paris (19) read (15) read in 2009 (10) read in 2011 (6) series (12) sports agent (6) suspense (15) terrorism (23) thriller (53) to-read (13)

English (43)  Dutch (2)  Spanish (1)  Swedish (1)  All languages (47)
Very good book. I like this very much. ( )
  Sonkku | Dec 20, 2013 |
Myron Bolitar gets a cryptic call from Terese, an ex-lover, asking him to come to Paris on the same day that his girlfriend breaks up with him. He heads out of the country and finds a mystery. He faces Interpol and Homeland Security and fights with the Mossad as he tries to find out if Terese's long lost daughter is still alive.

Better than Gone for Good but not great. ( )
  bohemiangirl35 | Sep 2, 2013 |
Apparently, I'm all alone on this one. It's been on the Best Seller lists for multiple weeks, and the other reviewers all LOVED this book. For me, it was just okay. The last ten pages probably kept it from being average. I preferred the other book of his I read previously "Hold Tight." ( )
  blush48 | Jul 24, 2013 |
Myron Bolitar gets enmeshed in an international murder mystery while trying to help out his friend/lover Terese Collins who he hadn't seen or heard from for 10 years. Is terese's daughter alive or did she die in a childhood car accident as he was told. ( )
  AstridG | Apr 28, 2013 |
Reading a Harlan Coben novel is a bit like having another ride on your favourite roller coaster. It’s going to be fast moving with plenty of twists and turns and might make you laugh hysterically but essentially it will be the same as the last time you rode it. So here is this novel, the most recent of his that I have read, and here again is the missing female character, the is she/isn’t she dead scenario, and all the witty asides. And of course the omnipotent friend without whom Myron Bolitar would be in so much trouble he would barely get past his office door. I reckon even I could crack international crime if I had him in my corner.

I guess this book does what its fans expect – it delivers a fast moving, very exciting storyline and always remembers to keep personality to the forefront. There are little catch-ups too, where one character will bring another up to date with events, a subtle way of reminding the reader where we are with the plot, in amongst all the jokes. The storyline visits France and Britain, and whilst I was interested to know how this would impact on the novel, I never really felt it had left the USA. The cops for example spoke perfect American English. But I’m probably being churlish.

Not wanting to give too much away,but there is a nod towards current events, or at least modern preoccupations, in the novel’s conclusion. I’m not sure whether the whole scenario was clever and thought provoking or hysterical and unhelpful. I’m tending towards the second, though it will be interesting to find out what other readers made of it. ( )
  jayne_charles | Feb 28, 2013 |
A significantly more credible effort [than other summer books, it] features the diabolic interplay of cord blood and Islamic jihad.
added by Shortride | editEsquire, Benjamin Alsup (Jun 11, 2009)

Hold on. This will hurt more than anything has before. --William Fitzsimmons, "I Don't Feel It Anymore"
For Sandra Whitaker The coolest "cuz" in the entire world
"You don't know her secret," Win said to me.

Harlan Coben's millions of fans have waited three long years for a new Myron Bolitar novel and soon their patience will be rewarded in spectacular fashion. Myron hasn't heard from Terese Collins in years. Not since their affair ended without explanation. He's had no contact with her since, so her call catches him off guard. She's in Paris, she says, in trouble and only Myron can help. Terese tells him a sad story she's never before revealed: a good marriage, her struggles to get pregnant, the happiest moment of her life when her only child was born, the day everything she'd ever loved was taken from her. As the years passed Terese heard nothing from her ex-husband, until the phone call that brought her to Paris. But on arrival, Terese finds her husband has been murdered, leaving her as a prime suspect. Then comes a startling piece of evidence that turns the entire case upside down, laying bare Terese's long-buried family secrets in the most shocking way and leaving Myron nowhere to turn for help. Caught in a foreign landscape where nothing is as it seems, he must tear apart the city - and eventually the globe - fighting for answers to unfathomable questions that will take Myron, and Harlan Coben's readers, where they have never gone before.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:20:21 -0400)

Myron Bolitar hasn't heard from Terese Collins since their torrid affair ended ten years ago, so her desperate phone call from Paris catches him completely off guard. Now a suspect in the murder of her ex-husband in Paris, Terese has nowhere else to turn for help. Myron heeds the call but then a startling piece of evidence turns the entire case upside down.… (more)

Four editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,493,791 books! | Top bar: Always visible