All New Square Foot Gardening: More Projects, New Solutions, Grow… (1981)

by Mel Bartholomew

Rapidly increasing in popularity, square foot gardening is the most practical, foolproof way to grow a home garden. That explains why author and gardening innovator Mel Bartholomew has sold more than two million books describing how to become a successful DIY square foot gardener. Now, with the publication of All New Square Foot Gardening, Second Edition, the essential guide to his unique step-by-step method has become even better. Mel developed his techniques back in the early 1980s and has been teaching them throughout the world ever since. In the process, he has made improvements and refinements and continually adapted his practices to keep pace with modern times. In this new volume, Bartholomew furthers his discussion on one of the most popular gardening trends today: vertical gardening. He also explains how you can make gardening fun for kids by teaching them the square foot method. Finally, an expanded section on pest control helps you protect your precious produce. Rich with new full-color images and updated tips for selecting materials, this beautiful new edition is perfect for brand-new gardeners as well as the millions of square foot gardeners who are already dedicated to Mel's industry-changing insights.… (more)
    All New Square Foot Gardening Cookbook by Mel Bartholomew (ianturton)
    ianturton: this is the companion cookery book for the gardening book. Very useful for when you get a glut of vegetables.

A nifty guide ( )
  Vividrogers | Dec 20, 2020 |
Ok I am reading,,,I even bought it...now if it would just stop raining I WOULD START IT! ( )
  leebill | Apr 30, 2020 |
Disclaimer: I read this gardening book purely for inspiration, not for how-to advice or instructions.

A recommended reference for beginners and experienced square-foot gardeners. I collected several new ideas.

I read the 3rd edition. Lots of color photos. ( )
  flying_monkeys | Apr 12, 2020 |
Really super book - especially for the beginning gardener. Lots of useful reference tables in the back. ( )
  jvgravy | Jun 29, 2019 |
We got 2 SF garden boxes so I'm reading this to learn more about this gardening technique. Very interesting and I'm hopeful we'll see some good results. Check with me in August. ( )
  tkcs | Feb 23, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,868,719 books! | Top bar: Always visible