Ronin by Frank Miller

Ronin (1984)

by Frank Miller

English (8)  Dutch (1)  Italian (1)  All languages (10)
Interesting. Not sure what the big deal is about the art. I couldn't tell what I was looking at on some of the pages. It's true-I don't read graphic novels. I tried however. ( )
  melanieklo | Jul 25, 2018 |
Worst Frank Miller Ever. ( )
  bensdad00 | Jan 10, 2017 |
I really don't know what happened in this book. Its supposed to be Blade Runner with a Samurai. Its not, but it certainly is weird. ( )
  Kurt.Rocourt | May 22, 2015 |
This was pretty darn awesome. I had no idea what it was about before I started but I definitely liked the merging of the futuristic with the ancient. I loved the art when it came to backgrounds and huge scenes but thought the rest of it looked kinda crappy. Very retro stuff that reminds me of Mobius (Heavy Metal) but maybe Miller came first (didn't do my research - sorry super comic geeks). I'm very interested how they're going to adapt it for the movie.

It was a little too surreal at times and I got a little lost with some of the characters but it was definitely interesting and worth my time.

No didn't this Miller guy write something about Batman? Maybe I'll read that next. :) ( )
  ragwaine | Nov 8, 2013 |
I wanted to like this. The concept is fantastic. What would a true samurai do if thrust into the future on a solemn quest? The answer is much less satisfying then I hoped. ( )
2 vote Radaghast | Nov 10, 2009 |

Miller, Frankprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Costanza, Johnsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Varley, Lynnsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

RONIN is the acclaimed epic by Frank Miller, the visionary writer/artist of THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, 300 and Sin City. In this tale of a legendary warrior, the Ronin, a dishonored, masterless 13th Century samurai, is mystically given a second chance to avenge his master's death. Suddenly finding himself reborn in a futuristic and corrupt 21st Century New York City, the samurai discovers he has one last chance to regain his honor: he must defeat the reincarnation of his master's killer, the ancient demon Agat. In a time and place foreign and unfathomable to him, the Ronin stands against his greatest enemy with his life and, more importantly, his soul at stake.

This breathtaking edition includes rarely seen promotional art, fold-out pages and more special features. Collects RONIN #1-6.

"His brutal yet elegant noir renderings, pulpy yet eloquent scripting, and thoroughly uncompromising attitude make [Frank Miller] one of the most distinctive voices in comics."-- ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLYRONIN is the acclaimed epic by Frank Miller, the visionary writer/artist of THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS, 300 and Sin City. In this tale of a legendary warrior, the Ronin, a dishonored, maste rless 13th Century samurai, is mystically given a second chance to avenge his master's death.Suddenly finding himself reborn in a futuristic and corrupt 21st Century New York City, the samurai discovers he has one last chance to regain his honor: he must defeat the reincarnation of his master's killer, the ancient demon Agat. In a time and place foreign and unfathomable to him, the Ronin stands against his greatest enemy with his life and, more importantly, his soul at stake.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,367,142 books! | Top bar: Always visible