Attaboy, Sam! by Lois Lowry

Attaboy, Sam!

by Lois Lowry

Other authors: Diane De Groat (Illustrator)

Series: Sam Krupnik (2)

Sam is able to help his sister Anastasia with the poem she is writing for their mother's birthday, but his own efforts to create a special perfume are disastrous.

My fourth graders LOVE this book! ( )
  mpettit7974 | Dec 21, 2017 |
This was an interesting book about a boy named Sam making his mother a birthday present. He wants to make her a perfume with her favorite scents. I won't ruin the surprise, however things do not go as they typically should. I would recommend this book to anyone in the grades of 5 or 6. ( )
  Trock33 | Sep 11, 2014 |
Well, once I start something, I may as well finish it. This is a worthy sequel to All About Sam. It's a bit more focused than the last, but then again four/five year olds are more focused than, say, infants. ( )
  AmberTheHuman | Aug 30, 2013 |
Cute but far more contrived than the Anastasia books. Sam's voice is pretty authentic, however, and I do like his mom. ( )
  satyridae | Apr 5, 2013 |
Sam loves to create things and receive praise. With his mother's birthday quickly approaching, he decides, since she asked for only homemade gifts, to make her perfume (since her perfume got discontinued). He develops a concoction of her favorite scents such as his dad's smoke smell. He creates this quirky mixture of scents in his room. This story is adorable and shows the innocence of a young boy. This book would be perfect for first or second graders. ( )
  ckarmstr1 | Sep 11, 2011 |

Lowry, Loisprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
De Groat, DianeIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,971,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible