A Heart Like His: Intimate Reflections on the Life of David

by Beth Moore

Would you like to know the heart of God? Come to know the "man after God's own." In this in-depth biblical biography, Beth Moore takes you on an intimate, exciting journey through virtually every astonishing episode of David's remarkable life. From shepherd, to refugee, to king of Israel, David exhibited the purest virtues and the most heinous sinfulness. But through it all, his relationship with the Lord continued to grow. A Heart LikeHis looks at this bond of mutual love and admiration from today's perspective and draws spiritual insight and understanding from a man who boldly fulfilled his divine destiny.Based on Scripture and Moore's probing insights into the romantic, mysterious, majestic life of David, A Heart Like His will show you how to serve God better by understanding our own unique place in His heart.… (more)

A fantastic, informative journey through David's life, extolling the good, not shying away from the bad. There is always something new to learn about ourselves, and learning about David taught me a lot. ( )
  book_lady15 | Apr 3, 2020 |
Studying any part of the Bible is rewarding and life altering. This study was definitely that for me and so much more. ( )
  sydsavvy | Apr 8, 2016 |
one of the best Bible study books I've used!
  LindyHope | Mar 8, 2016 |
David was always my favorite character in bible stories. His simplicity as a boy and shepherd, his determination as an anointed by God, his complexity as a king, and above all, his love for God, those characteristics made him a very special person. And author Beth Moore capture all details of his personality in this wonderful and well written book. We clearly note the passion that Beth has for David and how well she introduce all stories related to this character, his Back Story, his friendship with Jonathan, his fight for survival from Saul's persecution, so every aspect of his life is described in details and in such a passionate way that we would have to cheer for David even if we did not like him. Although his life is full of struggles, he always kept his love for God.
The book is divided in 9 parts for a total of 52 chapters. Each Part has a Psalm as a theme and the chapters for that part develop the main theme or that part of David's story.
At the end of the book we find some Review Questions for us to meditate on the reading, and possible use them in a bible discussion group.
This was a magnificent effort from the author who put together this excellent book with a strong message, and I recommend it to the permanent library of any person who enjoys a good reading of biographical nature on a fascinating character. This book was written by Beth More and published by B&H Publishing Group originally in 1999, and was republished in 2003 and 2012, with the same name. The author was kind enough to provide me a copy for reviewing through Shelton Interactive and I was not asked to provide a positive feedback. Opinions here are my own. ( )
  rmattos | Jan 23, 2016 |
A story of David. His sins, his losses, and his heart like God's. Awesome book. ( )
  sally.wilson.94695 | Feb 3, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,133,866 books! | Top bar: Always visible