The Doomsday Key by James Rollins

The Doomsday Key

by James Rollins

Series: Sigma Force (6)

English (36)  Italian (2)  All languages (38)
Good read, interesting weave of details that all come together in the end ( )
  deldevries | Jan 31, 2016 |
Sigma again is up against the Guild. This time they are trying to prevent them from gaining a stranglehold on the world's food supply, and even worse control of a nasty biowarfare agent. In order to find the only antidote, Gray has to partner with his old nemisis, Seichan.

While I ultimately enjoyed the book for the same reason I enjoy all the Sigma Force novels, the fast-paced action, mystery and adventure, I'm disappointed that Rollins seems to be relying too much on certain plot devices. Most notably, the enemy unbeknownst to Gray, Painter and the rest of Sigma, managing to become part of the team. At some point you would think they would wise up. However, this does not detract from my enjoyment of the story and I highly recommend all the Sigma Force books. ( )
  Mootastic1 | Jan 15, 2016 |
I think this is my favorite of his Sigma Force. I love the way Gray can figure things out, I love the action. The Celtic twist was interesting. Can't wait for the next one. ( )
  feenie1010 | Feb 22, 2015 |
Best Rollins yet (haven't read his latest one). Great story, and the characters finally have begun to really develop and set up for future novels in the Sigma Force series. I especially like the love/hate relationship between Pierce and Seichan, mortal enemies but seem to need each other in weird, twisted, adventure novel sort of ways. ( )
  utbw42 | Dec 8, 2014 |
So, there's another think tank club in this one, The Club of Rome (and of course there also happens to be a club within that club too). In this book another thing that's featured is the giant seed vault that's supposed to collect every seed in the world eventually.

I thought that was the most interesting part of the book, the stuff that went on around that part of the story. There was also another, 'we're (Gray et al) being chased while trying to solve an unsolvable riddle' story that took place mostly in the UK. But it was a bit predictable.

On the other hand we do find out a bit more about The Guild, which is nice. I was wondering if we'd ever learn anything about it or if it would just continue to be the 'evil company' like in Get Smart.

With the Guild being in the book, there was lots of Seichan drama and even some Rachel Verona drama as well.

And then there was the ending. I usually am not a fan of cliff hanger endings. Even if a book is in a series it should also be its own entity. And I especially didn't like cliffhangers of the romance variety, most seem fake and forced, but, this cliffhanger ending seemed to work, and wasn't too bad at all. I liked it. I guess we'll learn which 'she' Gray was with in his place in the next book. ( )
  DanieXJ | Oct 28, 2014 |

James Rollinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Fernandez, Peter JayReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Gasperi, GianpaoloTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
The ravens were the first sign.

Commander Gray Perce and the Sigma Force confront humankind's greatest threat in an adventure that races from the Roman Coliseum to the icy peaks of Norway, from the ruins of medieval abbeys to the lost tombs of Celtic kings. The ultimate nightmare is locked within a talisman buried by a dead saint--an ancient artifact known as the Doomsday Key--and a secret that has already claimed the lives of a famed geneticist, a Vatican archaeologist, and a U.S. senator's son.… (more)

James Rollins is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,907,402 books! | Top bar: Always visible