The Enemy Papers by Barry B. Longyear

The Enemy Papers

by Barry B. Longyear

Series: The Enemy Papers (Omnibus 1-3)

02 (1) 1998 (1) alien contact (1) alien culture (1) aliens (1) collection (3) conlang (2) fantasy (1) favorites (1) feb 18 (1) fiction (7) hardcover (3) hc/dj (1) non-fiction (1) not yet read (1) novel (1) novellas (1) omnibus (3) own (1) peace (1) politics (1) read (1) religion (2) science fiction (15) sf (7) tie-in (1) to-read (2) trade (1) unread (1) wishlist (1)
    A Canticle for Leibowitz by Walter M. Miller Jr. (RyderAuthorResources)
    RyderAuthorResources: There are many similarities: both consist of three related novellas that tell one book-spanning story; both deal with the "problem" of peace; both are filled with compassionate insight; and both have made me cry more than once.

I never read this when it came out. Can't think why, just missed it somehow. Reading the contemporary reviews and blurbs for it (in the 1980s) one sees how much of-its-time it was and so, may be now becoming only of interest to the readers of SF who deal in the historical context of works and how they code the time they were written in.

I'm sure my 20something self would have loved it, but the 40something self finds it to worthy to read now. (But I did finish it.)
  meika | Oct 3, 2011 |

Barry B. Longyearprimary authorall editionscalculated
Clark, Alan M.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

The entire Enemy Mine Series gathered in one volume:

The Talman, Enemy Mine (The expanded Nebula and Hugo Award winner that inspired the 20th Century Fox motion picture starring Dennis Quid and Lou Gossett, Jr.), the novels The Tomorrow Testament and The Last Enemy, plus more.

Talma is the pat of choosing paths. The Enemy Papers is the saga of how humans and their enemies used Talma to end war.

"...this was one of those rare times when a story was so good that even I could see "Hugo" written all over it."--Isaac Asimov on Enemy Mine

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:12:49 -0400)

The stories we tell are not limited to monsters and harsh otherworlds. Yet the fiction books in the Borealis imprint certainly belong to a world other than our own. This line encompasses our science fiction, fantasy and horror novels and anthologies.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,368,857 books! | Top bar: Always visible