SantaThing sign up ends in 2:52 hours (5:00 PM EST) » Find out more about our bookish Secret Santa!

Kiss The Girls by James Patterson

Kiss The Girls (1994)

by James Patterson

Series: Alex Cross (2)

Hide by Lisa Gardner (Shuffy2)
    Shuffy2: Both have creepy abductions...
    Alone by Lisa Gardner (Shuffy2)
    Shuffy2: Both have creepy abductions...

English (57)  Dutch (1)  Spanish (1)  French (1)  English (60)
A server at a restaurant I frequented always saw me with a book, and she always recommended Patterson's Alex Cross series. So when I told her I would be leaving, she bought me this book as a good-bye present. I started reading it that night and I couldn't put it down.

The formula is one that starts with the killer, then we meet Alex Cross and his re-aligned family (this is Book 2 in the series), and Sampson, and then we get gripped into the action and it won't let go. And this time it is definitely personal.

Addictive series, so much so that I bought Book 3 before I had finished Book 2 so that I would have it ready to go. Note to self: the killers get in your head, the action messes with your brain, and a break in between books is highly recommended. ( )
  threadnsong | Jul 4, 2016 |
This book gripped me from the very beginning and maintained my interest throughout. I like and buy into the main character Alex Cross, who we continue to learn about. This would have been 5 stars but I felt the tension and plot drifted towards the end. Second book in which a relationship has figured with one of the main characters. Good links set up to future books towards the end of the story. I look forward to picking up the next one in the series, Jack and Jill. If you like thrillers this is well worth a read, although can be a bit gory in places. Would suggest you read the first one in the series (Along Came a Spider) before this as mention is made of the characters in a few places. ( )
  Andrew-theQM | Jun 20, 2016 |
creepy @ 2 serial killers — savers of beautiful girls underneath the ground — old run away slave Houses

In Los Angeles, a reporter investigating a series of murders is killed. In Chapel Hill, North Carolina, a beautiful medical intern suddenly disappears. In Washington D.C. Alex Cross is back to solve the most baffling and terrifying murder case ever. Two clever pattern killers are collaborating, cooperating, competing - and they are working coast to coast.
  christinejoseph | Feb 27, 2016 |
The disgusting things described in this book were too much for me. I'm through with the Cross series and Patterson as well. I felt that much of what I found disturbing was really not necessary for a good story. I also didn't think the story was well told.

In the Michael Bennett series the relationship of Bennett with his kids offset the violence enough for me. The last two books in that series seemed to be of less caliber than the earlier ones. It could be that I'm just tired of Patterson's writing and this particular over-the-top gross book helped me decide to quit reading him.

ajlewis2 | Feb 24, 2016 |
I don't often read crime fiction, however, I always make an exception for Alex Cross. ( )
  tashlyn88 | Feb 5, 2016 |

James Pattersonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Giumelli, OmbrettaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sappinen, Jorma-VeikkoTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Isabelle Anne and Charles Henry
For three weeks, the young killer actually lived inside the walls of an extraordinary fifteen-room beach house.
book or movie???

The second book in the #1 bestselling Alex Cross series!
In Los Angeles, a reporter investigating a series of murders is killed. In Chapel Hill, North Carolina, a beautiful medical intern suddenly disappears. In Washington D.C. Alex Cross is back to solve the most baffling and terrifying murder case ever. Two clever pattern killers are collaborating, cooperating, competing--and they are working coast to coast.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:10:12 -0400)

Two killers compete with each other for who can commit the most murders. One lives in Los Angeles and specializes in dismembering his victims, the other operates in the Carolinas, his specialty being college girls. By the author of Along Came a Spider.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,650,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible