Hunting Ground by Patricia Briggs

Hunting Ground

by Patricia Briggs

Series: Alpha & Omega (2), World of the Marrok (10)

English (82)  Piratical (1)  All languages (83)
Anna is definitely my favorite character in this series. She has been through hell and back but never completely lost herself. She will sacrifice for her friends and will sacrifice anything for her mate. ( )
  Michelle_Boyea | Jun 7, 2019 |
This is the second book of the series. Faerie was introduced with interesting twist of the story line. Good easy read. ( )
  Baochuan | Mar 22, 2019 |
Hunting Ground was a little harder to get into for me, than the previous books. I also prefer things simpler than having fae, trolls, vampires and witches, along with the weres. Still a good read overall. 3.5/5 stars ( )
  mary23nm | Feb 27, 2019 |
So only a month after the first book Charles and Anna are still learning about each other and the married life. They make some inroads at communication so this is good. Anna is learning she's stronger than her last pack made her think she was part of it is Charles and how he allows her to explore who she is now. ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
Two and a half stars again, because the plot was interesting, Charles was more developed than in the previous book, and I liked all the supporting characters (allies and villains both). I also really, really enjoyed the tie-ins to the Arthurian legends. That was entirely enjoyable.

However, having read some truly phenomenal political-intrigue-type books in the past, this one fell FAR short. We did not need most of the explanations provided for characters' motivations and why this person did that or why that other person said this other thing and why that third character over there who may or may not be a good guy behaved in such a way. Oh my god, that got tedious real quick. However, the places that didn't have an explanation were the ones I could have used. A lot of the political animosity between some of the heavier-weight Alpha werewolves felt shallow and tired. That part was disappointing.

Again, entertaining despite its shortcomings. I will be reading the next one in the series, but I seriously recommend against paying for "Hunting Ground". Go support your local library instead. ( )
  whatsmacksaid | Sep 21, 2018 |
I'm not going to spend a lot of column space on [Hunting Ground]. It's more to let you know that the second "Alpha and Omega" novel is just as strong a contender as any of Briggs's previous Urban Fantasy books.

Briggs, Patriciaprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Briggs, MikeAuthor photosecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
DeFex, Annette FioreCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
del Rosario, KristinDesignersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelCartographersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Boo. To my home team,
who puts up with 'get your own meals',
frozen pizza, and glop so I can get the book done.
Love you all:
Michael, Collin, Amanda, and Jordan.
She observed him from her chosen cover, as she'd done twice before.

Mated to werewolf Charles Cornick, the son—and enforcer—of the leader of the North American werewolves, Anna Latham now knows how dangerous being a werewolf is, especially when a werewolf who opposes Charles and his father is struck down. Charles’s reputation makes him the prime suspect, and the penalty for the crime is execution. Now Anna and Charles must combine their talents to hunt down the real killer—or Charles will take the fall.

The Marrok has decided it is time for the werewolves to 'come out' as the fey already have. Alphas from Europe come to Seattle to discuss the issue, but deaths occur which need to be solved and righted.

"Anna Latham didn't know how complicated life could be until she became a werewolf. And until she was mated to Charles Cornick, the son--and enforcer--of Bran, the leader of the North American werewolves, she didn't know how dangerous it could be, either... Anna and Charles have just been enlisted to attend a summit to present Bran's controversial proposition: that the wolves should finally reveal themselves to humans. But the most feared Alpha in Europe is dead set against the plan--and it seems like someone else might be, too. When Anna is attacked by vampires using pack magic, the kind of power only werewolves should be able to draw on, Charles and Anna must combine their talents to hunt down whoever is behind it all--or risk losing everything..."--p. [4] of cover.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,745,578 books! | Top bar: Always visible