Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Bobbsey Twins in the Country by Laura…

The Bobbsey Twins in the Country (1907)

by Laura Lee Hope

The first three Bobbsey twins books were favorite reads of mine as a child, including this one, in which the children spend a month during the summer at their cousin's home on a farm.

While not preachy or overly "sweet", the stereotypes from a century ago are evident, obvious, but thankfully, not really offensive. Consider the time it was written, and enjoy it for nostalgia's sake. ( )
1 vote fuzzi | Nov 26, 2017 |
The second book in The Bobbsey Twins series finds the two sets of twins experiencing life in the country during the first part of their summer vacation from school. Their stay with their aunt, uncle and cousins on their farm in Meadow Brook is filled with new adventures for the 'city' Bobbseys. ( )
  LynneQuan | Sep 25, 2017 |
This and its predecessor book The Bobbsy Twins were not books I especially wanted to read but reading material was scarce so I read it. ( )
1 vote Schmerguls | Jul 21, 2013 |
"There goes the bell! It's the letter carrier! Let me answer!" Freddie exclaimed.
The Bobbsey Twins in the Country is the original version of this book from 1907. The Bobbsey Twins' Adventure in the Country is a complete rewrite of the book dating to 1961. Source: http://home.netcom.com/~drmike99/Bobb...

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 142180655X, Hardcover)

Purchase one of 1st World Library's Classic Books and help support our free internet library of downloadable eBooks. Visit us online at www.1stWorldLibrary.ORG - - There goes the bell! It's the letter carrier! Let me answer! Freddie exclaimed. "Oh, let me! It's my turn this week!" cried Flossie. "But I see a blue envelope. That's from Aunt Sarah!" the brother cried. Meanwhile both children, Freddie and Flossie, were making all possible efforts to reach the front door, which Freddie finally did by jumping over the little divan that stood in the way, it being sweeping day.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:08 -0400)

The Bobbsey twins visit Meadow Brook, the country home of their cousin Harry. While there they meet a frisky calf, celebrate Independence Day, and attend the circus.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,495,629 books! | Top bar: Always visible