The Waste Land and Other Poems (1922)

by T. S. Eliot

This volume includes the title poem as well as " The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, " " Gerontion, " " Ash Wednesday, " " Sweeney Among the Nightingales, " and other poems from Eliot's early and middle work. " Eliot has left upon English poetry a mark more unmistakable than that of any other poet writing in English" (Edmund Wilson).… (more)

English (29)  Portuguese (1)  All languages (30)
I have reviewed The Waste Land alone HERE

I have read the other poems in the past and will re-read and review each of them at some point. Digesting just The Waste Land is enough for right now.

mattorsara | Aug 11, 2022 |
Reading Stephen Spender's biography and critical introduction to the work of T. S. Eliot did not do anything to change my opinion about these poems. Reading them may be interesting but I do not care much for this intellectualism.

Just as in my student days, I still only really like "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufock" but I did not like any of the other poems. ( )
  edwinbcn | Jan 3, 2022 |

edwinbcn | Jan 3, 2022 |

No me ha llamado nada, regular, nada especial. ( )
  trusmis | Nov 28, 2020 |
What can I say, Eliot had an incredible command of language. Not all of the poems hit me as hard as others, but many of them got my brain churning with ideas. Even in the poems that didn't leave an impact were artistically brilliant and super fun to read. ( )
  MaxAndBradley | May 27, 2020 |
Let us go then, you and I, / When the evening is spread out against the sky / Like a patient etherised upon a table; / Let us go, through certain half-deserted streets, / The muttering retreats / Of restless nights in one-night cheap hotels / And sawdust restaurants with oyster-shells; / Streets that follow like a tedious argument / Of insidious intent / To lead you to an overwhelming question... / Oh, do not ask, 'What is is?' / Let us go and make our visit.
This work (Harcourt) contains the following selected poems:
- The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock
- Preludes
- Gerontion
- Sweeney Among the Nightingales
- The Waste Land
- Ash-Wednesday
- Journey of the Magi
- Marina
- Landscapes (I. New Hampshire; II Virginia; III Usk)
- Two Choruses from 'The Rock'

Please keep it separate from works with different selections and contents.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,222,454 books! | Top bar: Always visible