dismiss

Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs

Silver Borne

by Patricia Briggs

Series: Mercy Thompson (5), World of the Marrok (11)

When mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson attempts to return a powerful Fae book she'd previously borrowed in an act of desperation, she finds the bookstore locked up and closed down. It seems the book contains secret knowledge--and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side--leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit.… (more)
    Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs (zannyvix)
    Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (DonnerLibrary)
    DonnerLibrary: Both books involve women learning more about the werewolves they are involved with.

English (112)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (114)
"Silver Borne" delivers roughly the same mix of contents as the previous books in the series but with a rounding out of how the power of the pack works through the Alpha and a deeper look at the world of the fae. There is a fun addition of a TV Reality Show Werewolf Bounty Hunter and complications coming from having one of the main characters surrender himself to his wolf.

I liked the way that the conflict in the Pack was confronted and resolved but I thought the struggle with the Fae enemy lacked a credible level of violence.

Perhaps it was because I read "Silver Borne" in the same month that I read "Bone Crossed" but it seemed to me that this series is starting to repeat itself. It's hard to see a real story arc. I'm becoming aware that even when the Big Bad uses mind control to enslave people, the sense of abuse is muted and the sharp edges of evil have been rounded off for my safety.

"Silver Borne" was entertaining and well written but I'm hoping that the series as a whole will find a direction to go in that avoids repetition and enables Mercy to find true strength and independence. ( )
  MikeFinnFiction | May 16, 2020 |
good book, there was more to Mercedes and Adams relationship in this one. I just can't wait to see how is progresses between them. Oh and how cute Jesse and gabriel. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
I found the plot in this book weaker than in the previous books. It didn't really kick off before a third of the book and the subplots were too important. ( )
  Sept | May 21, 2019 |
A reliably enjojable series.
  sallypursell | May 6, 2019 |

review coming soon ( )
  chaoticbooklover | Dec 26, 2018 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelMapssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LorelaiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Long-Suffering Editors who never lose their cool, Husbands who feed horses, Children who drive themselves and fix their own meals, to Vets who take panicked phone calls at all hours, and to all of you who give of your time, talents and energy to help others and to be there when you are needed.
My thanks.
The starter complained as it turned over the old Buick's heavy engine.
ISBN 0345465490 is for The Hunt Ball by Rita Mae Brown

It seems the book contains secret knowledge-and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side-leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit.

All in all, Mercy has had better days. And if she isn't careful, she might not have many more to live...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,651,579 books! | Top bar: Always visible