Silver Borne (2010)

by Patricia Briggs

Series: Mercy Thompson (5), World of the Marrok (11)

When mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson attempts to return a powerful Fae book she'd previously borrowed in an act of desperation, she finds the bookstore locked up and closed down. It seems the book contains secret knowledge--and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side--leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit.… (more)
Recently added byAndSkye, lkubed, private library, Hawk1138, prncesssquiddy, annamb57, bertha96, Yeti21, Grimm5325, sriddell
    Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs (zannyvix)
    Bitten by Kelley Armstrong (DonnerLibrary)
    DonnerLibrary: Both books involve women learning more about the werewolves they are involved with.

English (126)  French (1)  Piratical (1)  All languages (128)
Another great Mercy Thompson book. This one had more emphasis on the relationship between Mercy and Adam. It also dealt with the pack dynamics which have been wonky with the whole Mercy is not a werewolf thing. There was also a conflict with a fae but it was not a major problem and the resolution played into the whole pack thing. I loved Samuel's story until the end. I was disappointed that he didn't get more of a story for himself like Charles did in Cry Wolf. Still a good fast satisfying read. ( )
  Luziadovalongo | Jul 14, 2022 |
read 3 times so far. The audio book versions are good, too! ( )
  jennybeast | Apr 14, 2022 |
Wow, I love all her books, PB is just such a fantastic storyteller, but this one especially rocked. I love how deeply it got into pack dynamics and werewolf stuff. ( )
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |
Patricia Briggs is an author I enjoy reading and the Mercy Thompson series is my favorite series by her. I love that she books have so much to them, intrigue, mystery, romance, paranormal and so much more. I find myself invested in both the story and the characters. These books feel both new and fresh but also comfortable to read like a favorite sweatshirt. I highly recommend anything by Patricia Briggs. ( )
  KateKat11 | Sep 24, 2021 |
I really like this series with Mercy and Adam. Interesting main characters and well fleshed out side characters. Usually when I pick up a book in this series I can't put it down. The book has the right amount of plot, characters and actions and moves along at a good pace. ( )
  phyllis2779 | Aug 9, 2021 |

Patricia Briggsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dos Santos, DanielCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Enzweiler, MichaelMapssecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
King, LorelaiNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lagerman, JudithCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To Long-Suffering Editors who never lose their cool, Husbands who feed horses, Children who drive themselves and fix their own meals, to Vets who take panicked phone calls at all hours, and to all of you who give of your time, talents and energy to help others and to be there when you are needed.
My thanks.
The starter complained as it turned over the old Buick's heavy engine.
ISBN 0345465490 is for The Hunt Ball by Rita Mae Brown

It seems the book contains secret knowledge-and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side-leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit.

All in all, Mercy has had better days. And if she isn't careful, she might not have many more to live...

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,956,395 books! | Top bar: Always visible