Red Sings from Treetops: A Year In Colors by…

Red Sings from Treetops: A Year In Colors (2009)

by Joyce Sidman

Other authors: Pamela Zagarenski (Illustrator)

This book is a poetry book about the seasons. What I love about this book is the illustrations. The depictions of each season is so creatively done, and I love it. Each poem relates colors to each season and then describes what happens in the seasons as well. I love how the illustrations brings out the artistic nature of the poetry. There is a minimal amount of text on each page, and yet every page says so much. For example “in spring white sounds like storms: snapped twigs and bouncing hail, blink of lightning and rattling boom” is all the text on one page from the book. That is what makes this book stand out to me, because the story jumps out from the pictures with guidance from the text, whereas most books are the other way around. Two things readers can take away from this text is that each season is unique, and poetry is a form of art. ( )
  Cbrown81 | Oct 10, 2017 |
The descriptive nature of this book makes it good for children to visualize in their minds and be able to draw pictures of what they thought about.
  mhenderson93 | Aug 8, 2017 |
"Red sings from treetops" is a poetry book. The book used poems of free verse and rhyming to create the story line. The book goes through each season of the year but describes each season with a color relating to the season. It also shows what happens during those seasons. My personal reaction to this book is confusing, I don't really like he type of poems they use, it makes the book confusing to follow.
  lexiedelg | Apr 13, 2017 |
a fun book about the different colors and how they can be seen in different parts of the environment
4 books
  TUCC | Jan 23, 2017 |
An educational book that teaches colors by describing them via poetry. The poetry goes beyond what I expect for poetry books aimed at young children.
  CNealon | Nov 24, 2016 |

Joyce Sidmanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Zagarenski, PamelaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
For Eli, who helps me see color-and the world-in new ways. --J.S.
For Martha. --P.Z.
In spring, red sings from treetops: cheer-cheer-cheer, each note dropping like a cherry into my ear.

This book takes readers through all of the seasons.  It describes where the colors can be found during each season, like green who is queen in the summer.  This story used a lot of figurative language.

With original and spot-on perceptions, Joyce Sidman brings the colors of the seasons to life in a fresh light, combining the senses of sight, sound, smell and taste. Illustrator Pam Zagarenski's interpretations go byeond the concrete, allowing us to not just see color, but feel it.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:02:47 -0400)

Nature displays different colors to announce the seasons of the year.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,540,246 books! | Top bar: Always visible