The Complete Anne of Green Gables [Books…

The Complete Anne of Green Gables [Books 1-8]

by L. M. Montgomery

Series: Anne of Green Gables (boxed set 1-8)

2,520323,751 (4.48)12
The only complete Anne of Green Gables box set! Makes a great gift and is a must-have for any longtime Anne fan or anyone excited about the new series streaming on Netflix! Favorites for nearly 100 years, these classic novels follow the adventures of the spirited redhead Anne Shirley, who comes to stay at Green Gables and wins the hearts of everyone she meets. Includes the following beloved eight titles: Anne of Green Gables Anne of the Island Anne of Avonlea Anne of Windy Poplar Anne's House of Dreams Anne of Ingleside Rainbow Valley Rilla of Ingleside… (more)

So rare is it to find a set of books that maintains a character's progression from childhood, adolescence, and young adulthood with such verve and insight. Another aspect present in all novels that is an unusual but delightful journey in itself is how grounded each book is to Prince Edward Island, its flora and fauna, its seasons and natural whims. The characters' attachment to place is prevalent and necessary, as well as artfully interwoven. The books are timeless and will leave an everlasting impression upon the reader. ( )
  Meghanista | Oct 5, 2018 |
I had to buy another series of Anne Shirley books, as the first 12-book series did not include Anne of Windy Poplars nor Anne of Ingleside.

Anne of Windy Poplars continues the story of Anne. She is engaged to be married, and has accepted the position of Principal of the school at Summerside while she waits for her fiancé to finish medical school so they can be married. Anne's sweet disposition and usually cheerful nature assure her happiness wherever she finds herself, and although she is a little homesick for Avonlea and Green Gables, she makes the most of her time in Summerside, making new friends and winning over potential enemies. ( )
  FancyHorse | Aug 30, 2016 |
Classic story for the ages. A must read for everyone! ( )
  LauGal | Aug 16, 2016 |
This was a fun read. I have always been interested in reading any of the Anne books because I am such a fan of the movies that were produced with Megan Follow in them. I went in with the knowledge that they may be different from each other, but I left this book being more charmed than I intended to be. I could feel the progression of Anne developing in the characterization of Montgomery in a way that I haven't felt in many other books. I knew she was growing up as I noticed subtle slight changes. It made me appreciate what a gifted writer is capable of doing if they put their mind to it. ( )
  SoulFlower1981 | Jan 20, 2016 |
I adored these books when I was a child, and the television series that aired on PBS. Some of my favorite childhood memories. It's a great perspective on imaginative children vs. the strict rules they had to follow, and what it was like to live on a farm in the late 19th century. ( )
  Malora | Jan 18, 2016 |

L. M. Montgomeryprimary authorall editionscalculated
Stahl, Ben F.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
the isbn 0553609416 is associated with the complete boxed set.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,756,521 books! | Top bar: Always visible