The Dance of Anger: A Woman's Guide to…

The Dance of Anger: A Woman's Guide to Changing the Patterns of Intimate…

by Harriet Lerner

Series: Dance books (1)

Recently added bythewolvessaid, mlouer, margodenison, private library, jolene278, CenterforWomen
Legacy LibrariesNorman Mailer

English (13)  German (1)  All languages (14)
I think every woman should read this book. Absolutely amazing look into anger and women. ( )
  Cfo6 | Mar 19, 2018 |
This book is full of useful insights into how relationships work and how our behavior can change relationship cycles. My only disappointment is the lack of discussion of abuse. The assumption in this book seems to be that the relationship is not an abusive one and so is worthy of rescuing. ( )
  SonoranDreamer | Feb 11, 2018 |
A particular friend particularly wished me to read this. A self-help book of the sort I particularly avoid, and I have been more particular since.
  ljhliesl | May 21, 2013 |
I was in therapy this summer briefly, but long enough for my therapist to recommend this book. I read through it and several times spotted some things that I do sometimes, but I can't say it was life changing. Mostly it reminded me that I need to be honest about my feelings and I need to set clear boundaries and stick to them. ( )
  cmbohn | Dec 14, 2009 |
An incredibly helpful book, if used and not just read through, in restructuring relationships of all kinds into positive and healthy ones. Not so complicated as we might expect! ( )
1 vote thesmellofbooks | Nov 8, 2008 |

Hazenberg, AnneliesTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Klein Frithiof, PatriciaEditorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rinne, OlgaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stage, SusanneTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 006091565X, Paperback)

"Anger is a signal and one worth listening to," writes Dr. Harriet Lerner, in her renowned classic that has transformed the lives of millions of readers.While anger deserves our attention and respect, women still learn to silence our anger, to deny it entirely, or to vent it in a way that leaves us feeling helpless and powerless. In this engaging and eminently wise book, Dr. Lerner teaches women to identify the true sources of our anger and to use anger as a powerful vehicle for creating lasting change.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:43 -0400)

Anger is something we feel. It exists for a reason and always deserves our respect and attention. We have a right to everything we feel-- and certainly our anger is no exception. With a new introduction by the author, this text is ready to lead the next generation.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,980,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible