Hens Reunited by Lucy Diamond

Hens Reunited

by Lucy Diamond

This is the first novel by Lucy Diamond that I have read and I thought it was a fantastic read.

I really liked the characters: Georgia, career minded, selfish and sharp-tongued comes to realise there's actually more to life than work when her nan falls ill and she meets handsome Owen. Alice, sensitive and naive eventually fights back with the confidence of a mother protecting her child, even if it's from the man she thought she could never do without, and Katie, once bitten twice shy, lands the guy of her dreams but nearly loses him until she realises that not all man are the same. Three women. Three lives. And I loved them all. I could connect with each one of them on so many levels, which made each of their stories more believable and totally absorbing.

I enjoyed how periods of their pasts were woven throughout the present, as it gave the characters more depth and helped to understand them better. It was well written and kept my attention until the very end. The ending was fairly predictable, but I didn't mind. I cared about these women and wanted them to have a happy ending.

Verdict:

This book shows how three very different women can be the best of friends. It is about family, friendship, love and forgiveness. If you love chick-lit and want a feel-good read, then this is the book for you. Brilliant! ( )
  BookChickCity | Aug 17, 2009 |

Katie, Georgia and Alice were at each other's hen nights but now the chickens have come home to roost - their marriages have fallen apart and their friendships have been tested to the limits. Hearts have been broken, and feathers ruffled - can the hens ever be reunited?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,693,062 books! | Top bar: Always visible