The hero of Little Street by Gregory Rogers

The hero of Little Street

by Gregory Rogers

645289,701 (4)None
When a boy being chased through present-day London seeks refuge in the National Gallery, a dog escapes from the painting of one Dutch master and together they leap into the painting of another, where their adventures in seventeenth-century Delft are a prelude to returning to London and continuing the chase.… (more)

Fun and evocative illustrations tell a really creative tale. Having no words, we can tell our own version of the story and build on different areas or explore different things that were happening throughout the story. Loved sharing this with my kids and it has been requested at bedtime every night for a week which is a new record for our house! ( )
  KMF2014 | Feb 28, 2016 |
I love how rich this narrative is--there are several "acts" and a lot to follow. It made me think of Mercer Mayer's Octopus Soup in that regard. I did lose track of what was going on a couple times and had to go back and re-read a page or two. (But I just had my 14yo read it and she didn't have any trouble at all. Of course.)
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
A fun wordless adventure full of action and humor. ( )
  Sullywriter | Apr 3, 2013 |
So I have never gotten into graphic novels, but this graphic novel/picture book was great. I want to go a museum and get lost in some art like I got lost in this story. Fun! ( )
  alyson | Aug 23, 2012 |
graphic picture book, stepping into paintings of Vermeer. ( )
  melodyreads | May 30, 2012 |
For Catie Campbell 'Follow your star'

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,794,424 books! | Top bar: Always visible