Angry Management by Chris Crutcher

Angry Management (2009)

by Chris Crutcher

I really liked this book and may just sit down and read it again. I will also read all of his books again this summer. Teachers could do an entire class on this book alone.
I thought the novellas tied together very well through themes - first amendment rights, bigotry, prejudice, you name it! The characters were so strong! I loved them all.
The Psychologist observations added a nice touch of humor. ( )
  ioplibrarian | Aug 26, 2018 |
Three long short stories set in a frame, following up on characters--mostly minor--from earlier books by Crutcher. Affecting. At least two of the stories are told in present tense. ( )
  readinggeek451 | Sep 29, 2013 |
This is a very powerful book. I can see why it was chosen to be on the SC Young Adult Book Awards Nominee list. I haven't read the other books these characters appear in, but it's not necessary to have to enjoy the stories. I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys realistic fiction.
  bksgoddess | Apr 3, 2013 |
I was happy to run into Sarah Byrnes again in this book of novellas! She's one of my favorite characters... ( )
  wwrawson | Mar 31, 2013 |
Chris Crutcher gets it right--the anger, the hurt, the prejudice, the fear, the love, the forgiveness--that modern teens face. His books are often censored for topic or language by folks who cannot tolerate an open point of view, and that's too bad. These three novellas, reuniting various characters from other works, allow life resolutions for those characters. Some are good, and some are not--I cried through the ending of one. And, yes to an earlier review posted here, such things happen in small towns. They also happen in large cities, which is why it is important to be able to read and share these stories. ( )
  Prop2gether | Jul 22, 2011 |
In memory of Jeremy Salvner

A collection of short stories featuring characters from earlier books by Chris Crutcher.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,690,555 books! | Top bar: Always visible