Shades of Midnight

by Lara Adrian

Series: Midnight Breed (7)

Bush pilot Alexandra Maguire comes face-to-face with a horrific event from her past when an inhuman creature leaves a trail of bloody carnage in the frigid Alaskan wilds, forcing her to team up with a vampire warrior sent to stop the attacks.

pb
  5083mitzi | Jul 22, 2020 |
this was a pretty intense book. the feelings and power between kade, and alex. it was a great love story between them. but more intense is the back story, the one that ties all these books together. is the ancient really dead or just stuck in the snow... and what is going on with jenna. I also really liked luna as well. and chase is he brcoming sadistic or what? welp more books in this series to read highly anticipating taken by midnight feel its gonna be pretty epuc amongst the rest of the books in the series but we shall see ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |
Listened to audio narrated well by Hillary Huber. Kade ends up returning to his home in Alaska when a video of a rogue vampire killing hits Warriors radar. Alexandra was the one who discovered the bodies, and she knows there's a monster in Alaska. She'd seen killing like this before when she was a child. As she starts planning to run, Kade seeks her out to get any information he can to track down the killer. There's so much more going on than he realizes. There's a new Dragos camp, Kade's twin going rogue.the Alien running loose, drug dealers in town and Alexandra's friend Jenna is attacked. WHEW! That's a lot story telling happening. I really liked learning more about the Alien, it made me hope he'd turn for the good guys.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Summary
In the wilderness of Alaska, there is a dangerous being moving about killing in his wake. Alexandra Maguire, has seen these type of killings before. She knows what type of being it is and how dangerous it can be. Her own mother and younger brother were murdered by a vampire. But Alexandra is afraid to say anything. Kade, a vampire warrior has come to Alaska to discover who is killing at random, but he also has come to heal some bridges between himself and his family. When Kade meets Alexandra he is intrigued by her, and she is a ball of mystery and passion he wants to know more of. She seems aware of the danger that is surrounding them...more than the others in the town. But with the danger drawing close, both Kade and Alexandra will need to come to terms with their past and the demons that haunts them both. They discover a passion, and hidden secrets and a mystery begins to unfold that will bring one of the most dangerous creatures on their doorstep...but can they manage to stay alive?

Plot and Story Line
In Shades Of Midnight we have Kade's story which I really had a blast with. I love stories that are set in Alaska, but they aren't too common. So I always gobble them up the moment I grabbed hold of a story with this particular setting in it. In Shades of Midnight we have our heroine. She lives in Alaska on her own now. Her father recently passed away and they both hid a dangerous secret for many years....that Alexandra's mother and kid brother were murdered right in front of them by a vampire. They came to Alaska to escape and to heal. But Alexandra is still haunted by her past. When a carnage of killings begin, she knows exactly the type of danger that they are in. Then we see the arrival of Kade, who at first frightens Alexandra. She doesn't know who he is, but she senses the dangerous aura about him. She knows he isn't who he says he is. But there is quite a bit of sizzling chemistry that erupts between these two. Despite the mystery and secrets that are between them, we see how that doesn't keep them apart.

The truth gets uglier the longer you try to hold it down.

This book was quite thrilling in many ways. I could barely contain the chills while reading this one. It has the same tone as the other books do only with a bit more mystery and intrigue thrown into the mix. Like with all the books previously, this author has given us a teaser that will lead us to the next book. She definitely does this on purpose because I can't seem to put this series out of my mind. I am curious to know about the villains in the series, the enemies of the breed warriors and the mysterious ancient one they have.
The Cover
I think this is one of my favorite covers of the series so far. I really like the orange and green tones. I love the Alaskan forests in the bottom.
Overall View
Shades of Midnight is a thrilling tale of dangerous villains, a riveting mystery to keep your blood pounding in your ears and a romance that sizzles on every page!! UTTERLY EXCITING!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 24, 2019 |
3.5 stars ( )
  WhiskeyintheJar | Feb 14, 2019 |

Lara Adrianprimary authorall editionscalculated
Huber, HillaryNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To the charming and witty, the thoroughly unforgettable,
Miss Eithne O’Hanlon of the Emerald Isle,
for being such a wonderful advocate of the series,
and a source of many giggles and much
mayhem at the message boards.
Thank you for being you!
WorldCat has ISBN 0440339197 for BOTH Shades of Midnight AND How to Increase Your Intelligence.

In a frozen wilderness steeped in darkness, the lines between good and evil, lover and enemy, are never black or white but drawn in Shades of Midnight.

Something inhuman is stalking the frigid Alaskan wilds, leaving unspeakable carnage in its wake. For bush pilot Alexandra Maguire, the killings stir memories of a horrific event she witnessed as a child and evoke in her the inexplicable sense of otherness she has long felt within herself but never fully understood . . . until a darkly seductive stranger with secrets of his own enters her world.

Sent from Boston on a mission to investigate the savage attacks and stop the slaughter, vampire warrior Kade has his own reasons for returning to the frigid, forbidding place of his birth. Haunted by a secret shame, Kade soon realizes the stunning truth of the threat he faces–a threat that will jeopardize the fragile bond he has formed with the courageous, determined young woman who arouses his deepest passions and most primal hungers. But in bringing Alex into his world of blood and darkness, Kade must confront both his own personal demons and the even greater evil that could destroy all he holds dear.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,120,155 books! | Top bar: Always visible