Machine Learning by Tom M. Mitchell

Machine Learning

by Tom M. Mitchell

Download from here: https://payhip.com/b/fTRp
  Tammmer | Sep 29, 2014 |
This is an introductory book on Machine Learning. There is quite a lot of mathematics and statistics in the book, which I like. A large number of methods and algorithms are introduced:

Neural Networks
Bayesian Learning
Genetic Algorithms
Reinforcement Learning

The material covered is very interesting and clearly explained. I find the presentation, however, a bit lacking. I think it has to do with the chosen fonts and lack of highlighting of important terms. Maybe it would have been better to have shorter paragraphs too.

If you are looking for an introductory book on machine learning right now, I would not recommend this book, because in recent years better books have been written on the subject. These are better obviously, because they include coverage of more modern techniques. I give this book 3 out of 5 stars. ( )
  IvanIdris | Jan 9, 2012 |
  knol | Dec 24, 2007 |

This exciting addition to the McGraw-Hill Series in Computer Science focuses on the concepts and techniques that contribute to the rapidly changing field of machine learning--including probability and statistics, artificial intelligence, and neural networks--unifying them all in a logical and coherent manner. Machine Learning serves as a useful reference tool for software developers and researchers, as well as an outstanding text for college students.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:21 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,198,039 books! | Top bar: Always visible