Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Zoobreak by Gordon Korman

I didn't like Zoobreak quite as much as Swindle, but not because Korman did anything wrong in this book. Zoobreak was mostly a repeat of the formulas used in the first book, so the story and characters were just fresher in Swindle. I don't see this as a negative per- say. I love authors who put out a whole bunch of very similar works, especially high-interest/low-level books. Kids can discover and then devour a series, ripping through tons of books without realizing how much reading they're actually doing. So while I don't feel the need to read the rest of the seven book series, I am really glad they exist.

The animal mishaps were fun, and I did think the ending was sweet. ( )
  twhite13 | May 16, 2016 |
Griffin Bing is known as the Man with a Plan, so when his friend's stolen monkey is discovered in a floating zoo, Griffin and his friends devise a plan to steal her back. The only problem is that they have no idea what to do with the other 40 animals they released

I liked the responsible parenting demonstrated in this novel. How refreshing! ( )
  CHPLAdultServic | Jan 27, 2016 |

CHPLAdultServic | Jan 27, 2016 |
Griffin and his best friend, Ben, help Savannah search for her monkey, but they find not a thing. When their class goes on a field trip to a visiting zoo on a boat that they make a horrific discovery the All Aboard Animals floating zoo has Savannah’s monkey locked up in a horrible cage. And what makes it even worse is that the entire zoo is dirty, and the animals are skinny and obviously miserable. Savannah tries to get her monkey back, but the zoo’s operator says he is the legal owner. There’s nothing Savannah, her parents, or her parents’ lawyer can do.But there is something Griffin and his friends can do Operation Zoobreak! Everyone on the team has a special talent, like Pitch and her climbing abilities, Logan with his acting skills, and Melissa, who knows everything about computers. The team gets started right away on their plan to sneak aboard the floating zoo and rescue the monkey. Of course, things never go completely according to plan, and at the last minute, Savannah decides they should save every creature in the zoo. It’s a good thing that Griffin is so talented with plans; they’re going to need some good ones.

I think that savanna should not have a monkey as a pet because monkeys are trouble. Monkeys can be mischievous and dangerous. I love all animals but I'm careful with monkeys. Some monkeys can betrayed to be thieves. They can also be trained to be helpful to the needy. ( )
  NehemiahT.B4 | Dec 26, 2015 |
The kids from Swindle are at it again, with Griffin Bing leading the charge. This book is geared for a young audience, and me, being an adult, am giving an adult perspective...I don't like stories that put kids in a position of breaking the law and disobeying their parents. I hope kids who read this sequel don't get the impression that the choices these kids made were the best ones even though everything turns out "okay" at the conclusion. The characters were in peril on more than one occasion because of decisions they made without having their parent's approval. ( )
  BRCSLibrary | Nov 21, 2013 |
Ben Slovak looked up from the paper. "Do they have juries in traffic court?" "Okay, I'll change it to 'Your Honor.'" Griffin Bing was impatient. "What about the reasoning? Perfect, right?"

The sequel to Gordon Korman's SWINDLE---the Man With A Plan is back!

When Griffin Bing's class goes to a floating zoo, they don't expect to see animals being treated so badly. They don't expect to find Cleo, Dog Whisperer Savannah's pet monkey who's been missing for weeks. And they really don't expect to have to hide the animals once they've rescued them! Hilarity ensues as Griffin's team once more pulls off a heist . . . trying to break the animals back into a (better) zoo!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:17 -0400)

After a class trip to a floating zoo where animals are mistreated and Savannah's missing pet monkey is found in a cage, Long Island sixth-grader Griffin Bing and his band of misfits plan a rescue.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,523,220 books! | Top bar: Always visible