Kaze Hikaru, Volume 2

by Taeko Watanabe

Series: Kaze Hikaru (2)

In an era of violent social upheaval, a young girl named Tominaga Sei, hoping to avenge her wrongfully murdered father and brother, disguises herself as a man, takes the name Kamiya Seizaburo, and joins the Mibu-Roshi--soon to be known as the Shinsengumi--an elite corps of swordsman who risk their lives to defend Japan's shogunate system. Will she be able to become a warrior and keep her secret intact?… (more)

I feel like I'm following what's going on a _little_ better, but there's too many characters for me to easily keep track of. And I still don't understand all the politics going on. So the main character comes face-to-face with the guy who killed her father and brother. And doesn't kill him, because she knows he knocked a woman up. And said woman is counting on him and the unborn baby is counting on him, yadda yadda.Well, she later regrets not killing him.And there's angst. And stuff. And visits to brothels.I can't say it's bad for what it is. But I don't think it's for me. ( )
  Jellyn | Jul 23, 2012 |

Belongs to Series

"To try the patience of a saint"

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,145,463 books! | Top bar: Always visible