Monday Mourning by Kathy Reichs

Monday Mourning (2004)

by Kathy Reichs

Series: Temperance Brennan (7)

English (42)  French (2)  Spanish (1)  All languages (45)
I love this series and enjoy the science and detail she goes into in the book! We're well into the series so you have a good sense of who Temperance is. I enjoyed seeing her and her friend but felt bad as they didn't get the communication down. As always Ryan was fun but frustrating. ( )
  StarKnits | Feb 6, 2019 |
Didn't like the snarky protagonist, book was too long by half, nasty story with gruesome details. I won't be trying this author again. ( )
  Siubhan | Feb 28, 2018 |
Journal Entry 4 by winggypsysmomwing from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Wednesday, November 02, 2005

9 out of 10
I thought this book was one of the best Kathy Reichs has written recently, maybe because it was set entirely in Montreal, a city she clearly loves, or maybe because Tempe (her alter ego) is so emotionally involved with the case. Unlike BrooklinBrat I am a fan of Reichs but her last few books had left me vaguely unsatisfied. Now she's back in top form and I'm happy.

The explanation of Carbon 14 dating is one of the best I have ever read and it was interesting to read Dr. Reichs' case notes at the back that showed she used the technique in her own case.

I really liked Tempe's friend Anne and I hope she will be showing up again in the books. ( )
  gypsysmom | Aug 25, 2017 |
If you like the Temperance Brennan crime series (not the same as the Bones TV show) this is just another great book. Sure there are some elements that are the same but I like the little surprises that get thrown in. Can't help it. To me these are the most realistic of the crime drama genre.

Temperance Brennan, forensic anthropologist for both North Carolina and Quebec, has come from Charlotte to Montreal during the bleak days of December to testify as an expert witness at a murder trial. She should be going over her notes, but instead she's digging in the basement of a pizza parlor. Not fun. Freezing cold. Crawling rats. And now, the skeletonized remains of three young women. How did they get there? When did they die?

Homicide detective Luc Claudel believes the bones are historic. Not his case, not his concern. But when Tempe examines the bones in her lab, she establishes approximate age with Carbon 14. Further study of tooth enamel tells her where the women were born. If she's right, Claudel has three recent murders on his hands. Definitely his case.

Detective Andrew Ryan is acting mysteriously. What are those private phone calls he takes in the other room, and why does he suddenly disappear just when Tempe is beginning to hope he might be a permanent part of her life? Looks like more lonely nights for Tempe and Birdie, her cat.

As Tempe searches for answers in both her personal and professional lives, she finds herself drawn deep into a web of evil from which there may be no escape. Women have disappeared, never to return...Tempe may be next. ( )
  wendithegray | May 1, 2017 |
for. anthro. pizza parlor girls
tales of Sadomas. — good

The bones of three young women are unearthed in the basement of a Montreal pizza parlor, and forensic anthropologist Tempe Brennan has unsolved murder on her mind as she examines the shallowly buried remains. Coming up against a homicide cop who is convinced the dead have been entombed on the site for centuries, Tempe perseveres, even with her own relationship with Detective Andrew Ryan at a delicate turning point. In the lab, the clean, well-perserved bones offer few clues. But when Carbon 14 confirms her hunch that these were recent deaths despite the antique buttons found near the bodies, Tempe's probing must produce answers quickly to stop a killer whose grisly handiwork has seen the light of day.
  christinejoseph | Dec 23, 2016 |

Kathy Reichsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Giagheddu, Alessandra EmmaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Lee, WillCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rosenblat, BarbaraNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Oh Monday mornin' you gave me no warnin' of what was to be . . .

--JOHN PHILLIPS,
The Mamas and the Papas
For Deborah Miner
My baby sister.
My Harry.

Thanks for always being there.
Monday, Monday . . .
Can't trust that day . . .

As the tune played inside my head, gunfire exploded in the cramped underground space around me.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0743453018, Mass Market Paperback)

The secrets of the dead are in her hands.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:06:19 -0400)

Three young women, buried beneath a pizza parlor, pose the question - are they newly buried or centuries old? Tempe Brennan must find the answer.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,345,695 books! | Top bar: Always visible