Crush by Alan Jacobson

Crush (2009)

by Alan Jacobson

172None68,896 (3.43)1
Recently added byprivate library, Dureo, StacyO41, hippolytus, TheInvernessie

Ok, I said I wouldn't read any other Karen Vail novels, but I downloaded this before reading the first one. All was going well until I started to hit inconsistancies and obvious "things women never do or say"...not to mention the "conversations men think women have." Number one on the list of things women never do: call themselves by their last names. I can't even explain how annoying it is that the author refers to his character as "Vail" all the time.

On top of a bunch of little things that annoy is the coup de grâce: leaving a dangling end followed by a "buy my next novel" in a grating, smug, self-aggrandizing tone. ( )
  lesmel | May 19, 2013 |
If it weren't for the total cliff-hanger at the end, I would have given this book 5 stars. I did read the reviews prior to reading the book, but I expected at least a little resolution. I immediately read Velocity and enjoyed it. As long as you view the two books as two halves of the whole and read both, it is a great book. ( )
  RitaCarri | Aug 21, 2012 |
I read this book because I got it for a Free Friday ebook from Barnes and Noble for my Nook. I realized afterwards that I had the one previous in the series also but reading this novel of the Karen Vail collection didn't leave me confused or feeling like I was missing anything by diving right in.
This novel highlights Karen Vail taking a vacation from her last thrilling serial killer case in Napa Valley, California. On a wine tasting tour, someone discovers a body. Vail, being the FBI profiler that she is, cannot turn down the case.
Full of excitement and fast paced action, Vail tries to track down the Napa Valley Crush Killer before he gets to her. ( )
  salander_9277 | Mar 31, 2011 |
Another simple, fast, cop, murder mystery adventure read.
Worth picking up if you like pulp fiction! :-) ( )
  fgjohnson | Feb 23, 2011 |
I enjoyed reading this; would like to read more of Karen Vail. I like when you can start of series of books and don't have to read the first one to get into the story and the personality of the main character.
  sms352 | Feb 7, 2011 |
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data - Sir arthur Conan Doyle, Writing as Sherlock Holmes
For Corey, Matthew, and Danielle:  You are the branches on my tree that keep on giving.  And I'm the old stump.  I love you all, to the moon and back.
Prologue: 675 15th Street NW, Washington, D.  "So the dick says to the woman, I got nothing.'"

Karen Vail, the memorable heroine of "The 7th Victim, " faces the most evil serial killer of her career.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,412,965 books! | Top bar: Always visible