Death Note, Volume 2: Confluence

by Tsugumi Ohba, Takeshi Obata (Illustrator)

Series: Death Note (2)

"Light thinks he's put an end to his troubles with the FBI--by using the Death Note to kill off the FBI agents working the case in Japan! But one of the agents has a fiancée who used to work in the Bureau, and now she's uncovered information that could lead to Light's capture. To make matters worse, L has emerged from the shadows to work directly with the task force headed by Light's father. With people pursuing him from every direction, will Light get caught in the conflux?"--P. [4] of cover.… (more)

English (28)  Italian (1)  All languages (29)
If I messed up even one time... If I left even one clue to my identity, I'm finished. Just one clue...

Mass murder has rarely been so much fun. (This set of episodes really drives home the fact that Light really is a stone hearted killer.) The contest between Light and L is fantastic. Who am I cheering on? Do I even know? (Is it too much to put my hat in the ring for Naomi? Come on, Naomi!) Light's interactions with his family are exquisite, and his father's agony really makes this whole volume shine. And still no more information on our resident god of death... Curioser and curioser. On to volume 3, and further down this delightful rabbit hole I go. ( )
  amyotheramy | May 11, 2021 |
Good second volume of the series. L and the task force still looking for Kira. Kira's also run into the fiance of one of the dead FBI agents - interesting - and the task force has started some heavy duty round the clock monitoring of possible suspects.

Will eventually move on to volume 3. . . . ( )
  Chica3000 | Dec 11, 2020 |
When I first read this volume several years ago, I was literally biting my nails from the exictement of changing each page to discover what happened next. Perhaps some of the excitement with this reread is abated, but this particular chapter is still fabulous.

Gettin to grips that Light has attracted the interest of the world's best detective only known as "L", he must take advantage of hacking into his father's detective police reports of the Kira case to remain one step ahead to evade capture, while also learning how to bend the rules of the Death Note to kill criminals at any given hour of the day to deter suspicions about his identity as a highschool student.

Things get trickier when the FBi brings some agents and Raye Penber is keeping a close eye on Light. He will have to pull the cleverest stunt in the whole story to defeat this well-meaning but gullible cop before L corners him to a wall.

The first volumes are definitely the best of the series, and well worth your time. ( )
  chirikosan | Jun 25, 2019 |
So, so good. It's like Holmes and Moriarty in its cat-and-mouse afooting. ( )
  morbusiff | Sep 20, 2018 |
I actually liked this volume more than the first one. The storyline was easier to keep straight and seeing the chase unfold was a lot of fun. ( )
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |

Tsugumi Ohbaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Obata, TakeshiIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Hey. Yes? I'm actually in Japan on a top-secret mission and if the Japenese poloce... Well... I understand, I won't tell anybody about meeting you. That includes my father of course.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,263,546 books! | Top bar: Always visible