It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny…

It's Not Summer Without You

by Jenny Han

English (41)  Spanish (1)  All languages (42)
I love that I never know who she's going to end up with. This is really some serious love triangle.
That's one thing I really love about Jenny Han's novels. Same with To All the Boys I've Loved Before (Josh VS Peter) and P.S. I Still Love You (John Ambrose McClaren VS Peter).
  smiley0905 | Sep 3, 2015 |
posting review here soon :)
  BookSpot | May 18, 2015 |
Last summer we were introduced to Belly, her family and most importantly the Fisher's.

While the last book was set in Cousins at the beach house this summer is much different.

It's the first summer that Belly hasn't spent in Cousins and she doesn't quite know what to do with herself. Not being able to go the beach house is one thing but not being able to talk to Susannah is excruciating.

But fate seems to be pulling her back to Cousins and perhaps back to her first love.

Amazon - Barnes and Noble - Book Depository

Can I just say how upsetting the first two pages of this book were to me?

It was like Jenny waived this perfect book in front of my face and then ripped it away before I could even enjoy it.

I instantly missed Susannah, her wise words, her sage advice, her witty comments.

It felt empty without her on the pages, like she was the glue that held together their perfect paradise and without her it all fell apart.

I did enjoy the chapters from Jerimiah's point of view but I wished the parts including Susannah weren't told in flashbacks. I felt like we were robbed of her last days and merely got snippets of what happened.

I mentioned in my review yesterday that Belly acted really immature and that didn't really change in this book, sadly I feel like she was even more immature than the previous book.

I did still like this book but I'm hoping I like the next one a little more.

Until next time,
Ginger ( )
  Ginger_reader22 | Apr 5, 2015 |
Sequel to: The summer I turned pretty.
  Bookman1954 | Feb 17, 2015 |
Sequel to: The summer I turned pretty.
  Bookman1954 | Feb 17, 2015 |
J + S forever
It was a hot summer day in Cousins.

Teenaged Isobel "Belly" Conklin, whose life revolves around spending the summer at her mother's best friend's beach house, reflects on the tragic events of the past year that changed her life forever.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,907,781 books! | Top bar: Always visible