It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny…

It's Not Summer Without You

by Jenny Han

430None24,481 (4.17)5
Recently added bybookish92, crdorrington, gnicolas, CLS_LIBRARY, CyndiTefft, private library, ArgoLib, brucie995, Haleyp

English (27)  Spanish (1)  All languages (28)
I liked this more than I liked the first in the series. The characters were great, the story was good. I enjoyed it.

Full review on my website: www.the-book-tower.blogspot.co.uk ( )
  bookish92 | Mar 20, 2014 |
Loved finding out more about the characters. ( )
  ChloeHallatt | Jan 22, 2013 |
Book review by Carlee S., posted by CA Library:

"It’s not summer without you by Jenny Han is a very good book. It is realistic fiction. The main character, Belly, shows and expresses a lot of different emotions throughout the book. Her best friend is always there for her , which is great.

I like this book a lot because it’s realistic fiction. It has real events that happen in real life that you can relate to. I enjoy realistic fiction books and if you do too, you would love this read.

I would recommend this book to many people between the ages of 12 and up . It is very interesting and has many fun details. It also makes you want to keep reading and never stop. This book is an easy read, there are not many challenging words. Some parts are really sad so watch out. SPOILER ALERT! For example at Bellys friends funeral it’s very sad. Belly and her boyfriend are fighting plus the sadness about her friend. I would rate this book a 4.5 stars out of 5 because it’s so good." ( )
  calibrary1 | Dec 2, 2012 |
This is the second book in the trilogy, which began with 'The Summer I Turned Pretty'. It is far superior than the first in terms of character and plot development. In this novel, it is clear that Jenny Han really hit her stride. In this instalment, Belly teams up with Jeremiah to find a missing Conrad and save the summer house from Mr Fisher. In between, Belly reminisces about Susannah's death and the aftermath- as well as her 'relationship' with Conrad. In between the in-betweens we are treated to Jeremiah's point of view- so it is definitely a multi-layerd story this time around.However, I wasn't too keen on Jeremiah's chapters, as they did not enlighten us in anyway. In fact, it stalled the flow every now and then. Also, I started to get annoyed with 'Belly' as I thought it was about time she stopped people calling her that! Isabel is one of my favourite names and whilst Belly might be cute for a toddler with a little paunch, Is is sufficient for a rising senior!Although, I did enjoy seeing Isabel mature a little. Her voice still sounded young and she still acted like a spoilt child on occasion (such as at Susannah's funeral) however this is how Jenny Han manages to wonderfully capture the push-and-pull of adolescence. Overall, a solid four stars for this sequel. ( )
  sophilee | Jul 31, 2012 |
OMG I absolutely devoured this book, again I went through a range of emotions whilst reading this, sad and tearful about the loss of Susannah, frustration at Conrad, despite this the book is also full of love and laughter and I loved every second. Since the first book I always rooted for Conrad, but as this book included some chapters from Jeremiah, I just don't know anymore. Throughout the book you're always find yourself asking who will Belly finally pick? But again were left with an annoying cliffhanger at the end! I don't know how I'll be able to wait more than a year for the last book in the series!!! ( )
  Jasprit | May 11, 2012 |
J + S forever
It was a hot summer day in Cousins.

Teenaged Isobel "Belly" Conklin, whose life revolves around spending the summer at her mother's best friend's beach house, reflects on the tragic events of the past year that changed her life forever.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,474,386 books! | Top bar: Always visible