It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny…

It's Not Summer Without You

by Jenny Han

English (46)  Spanish (1)  All (47)
Like the first book, every chapter is a snippet of memories that weaves the whole story. Though in the first book, it was just Belly's perspective, while in here, Jeremiah & Conrad also partake in the story.

Here, I would describe Belly as a brat. She has mood swings, tantrums, and being childish. But I guess because she is still one. She is a young lady that copes on hard situation that is new to her. Like Conrad who is brooding, and keeping his problems, feelings and thoughts to himself. Jeremiah, however, is too jolly and kind. He is your mr. sunshine that is always there for you especially when you need him.

I know Conrad will be her partner but I like Jere. I feel bad for him. I think Jere is whom she needs & deserves, but Jere do not deserve her. On the other hand, I see Conrad as not showy of affection, that is why people misunderstand him--that is where Belly can somehow help him.

a little
I thought Laure will offer to buy the house. The story was too predictable and simple; it needed some spice when she just won by glares, words and cuss to their father (well for me).
  phoibee | Apr 23, 2017 |
I didn't enjoy this one as much as the first one. It was a lot harder to get through it. At least till it got to the halfway mark that's when it got really good. I really feel for these characters, I felt so sad for them. I really got attached to them in the first book and this one was just like that. I really felt sorry for all of them. There were so many up and downs all through out this book. I was a little disappointed in Conrad, I felt like he was being mean. And Belly was a bit more immature than usual at the beginning of the book. But after awhile it got really good and I couldn't put it down. It was a good book and I cant wait to read the last one. ( )
  miss_booklion | Nov 6, 2016 |
And the series continues! Good sequel to the first book, tween/teen readers will enjoy this one too. ( )
  mleivers | Aug 29, 2016 |
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
[‎Saturday, ‎March ‎31, ‎2012] When I bought the first book for the first time, I thought the titles were cute and cheesy but now that I read the first book, I know that the second title isn't talking about a boy, but Susanna. And the third is even sadder, because they will always have the summer house, with their summer family no matter what. I can't wait to get the second and third book.
  mrsdanaalbasha | Mar 12, 2016 |
J + S forever
It was a hot summer day in Cousins.

Teenaged Isobel "Belly" Conklin, whose life revolves around spending the summer at her mother's best friend's beach house, reflects on the tragic events of the past year that changed her life forever.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,807,060 books! | Top bar: Always visible