Arrr! Pirate Flag(Celebrate International Talk Like a Pirate Day) Thar be a hunt for treasure, Mateys!
dismiss

Burned by P. C. Cast

English (78)  German (2)  All languages (80)
I love the world in these books. The idea of a Goddess, the elements, light and darkness. Warriors and Guardians who swear oaths to protect their Queen; it's all very cool. I liked seeing more of Stark's point of view, he cares so much for Zoey and it was amazing all that he was willing to do for her. Getting a bit of Kalona was interesting. As the bad guy, seeing into his head and how he interacted with Nyx definitely made me think and reconsider some of what I know. I do have a harder time following stories when there's a lot of points of view. There were about 7 I think and it was a bit much. Usually it's only 1 or 2 which is simpler. I am digging Stevie Rae and Rephaim's relationship and I hope that can work out. I hate Neferet and I hope she gets what's coming to her by the end of the series. ( )
  AlyP59 | Apr 25, 2019 |
"5 out of 5 stars! As always I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!! This is one of my favorite series! The House of Night series keeps you on your toes, makes you curious as to what will happen next, and this book was no different. I really wish it had a couple 100+ more..."

Read more of this review and a TEASER here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2010/04/idolizing-in-house-of-night-s...

Check out my Throwback Thursday Book Review here: https://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2018/03/throwback-thursday-book-revie... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Jan 15, 2019 |
Even though plenty happens in this book, it felt like it didn't go anywhere fast. It was interesting what was going on, but without Zoe having as large a POV role as the earlier parts, it was missing something. Although there is obviously more to the story after this, at this stage I don't feel compelled to continue with the series. ( )
  AngelaJMaher | Jul 7, 2018 |
Within the first three pages, I was a weepy mess and from then on I could not put the book down. Possibly one of my favorites of the series!!

Adrianne ( )
  Adrianne_p | Mar 10, 2018 |
This installment felt much more complete, more educated, more adult... all except for one quote, "wrong like manboobie." Brought me right back to remember this is YA fiction in all it's teen angsty drama. Possibly my favorite book of the series right now. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
when ppl burn
added by fapgoogoogoo | editi touch myself

Cast, P. C.primary authorall editionsconfirmed
Cast, Kristinmain authorall editionsconfirmed
P. C.: This one is for my Guardian. I love you.
Kristin: (She means you, “Shawnus.”)
Kalona lifted his hands.
"Oh, please, if its ass is feathered and waterproof, it's a duck." Aphrodite
(p 95-96)
The Red One steps into the Light
girded loins for her part in
the apocalyptic fight.

Darkness hides in different forms
see beyond shape, color, lies
and the emotional storms.

Ally with him; pay with your heart
though trust cannot be given
unless the Darkness you part.

See with the soul and not your eyes
because to dance with beasts you
must penetrate their disguise.
(p 161)
A double-edged sword
One side destroys
One releases
I am your Gordian knot
Will you release or destroy you?
Follow truth and you shall:
What spirit already knows:
That even shattered
anything is possible
If you believe
The we shall both be free.
(p 289-290)
A double-edged sword
One side destroys
One releases

I am your Gordian knot
Will you release or destroy you?
Follow truth and you shall:

What spirit already knows:
That even shattered
anything is possible

If you believe
The we shall both be free

Things have turned black at the House of Night. Zoey Redbird’s soul has shattered. With everything she’s ever stood for falling apart, and a broken heart making her want to stay in the Otherworld forever, Zoey’s fading fast. It’s seeming more and more doubtful that she will be able pull herself back together in time to rejoin her friends and set the world to rights. As the only living person who can reach her, Stark must find a way to get to her. But how? He will have to die to do so, the Vampire High Council stipulates. And then Zoey will give up for sure. There are only 7 days left…

Enter BFF Stevie Rae. She wants to help Z but she has massive problems of her own. The rogue Red Fledglings are acting up, and this time not even Stevie Rae can protect them from the consequences. Her kinda boyfriend, Dallas, is sweet but too nosy for his own good. The truth is, Stevie Rae’s hiding a secret that might be the key to getting Zoey home but also threatens to explode her whole world.

In the middle of the whole mess is Aphrodite: ex-Fledgling, trust-fund baby, total hag from Hell (and proud of it). She’s always been blessed (if you could call it that) with visions that can reveal the future, but now it seems Nyx has decided to speak through her with the goddess’s own voice, whether she wants it or not. Aphrodite’s loyalty can swing a lot of different ways, but right now Zoey’s fate hangs in the balance.

Three girls… playing with fire… if they don’t watch out, everyone will get Burned.

As Zoey's fate hangs in the balance, her friends must figure out how to bring her back from the Otherworld while coping with serious problems of their own.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,097,531 books! | Top bar: Always visible