Eternal Kiss of Darkness

by Jeaniene Frost

Series: Night Huntress World (2), Night Huntress Universe (6)

After Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling recsues Master vampire Mencheres, the vampire must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.

Dare I say I liked this book?

This is the second book in the Night Huntress World series, which is a spin-off of the Night Huntress series involving Cat and Bones. This takes place in the same world with most of the same characters. I hesitate to even call this series a spin-off. The first book, First Drop of Crimson, starred Denise and Spade, and this book features two entirely different characters. This “series” doesn’t create anything new, and at least the first book requires previous reading to understand who the characters are and any sort of context a reader would need. Since these books are about previously established characters in the Night Huntress series having side adventures, I’d be more willing to include them in that series in between the main books versus separating them into their own.

Read more at https://theparanormalreview.blogspot.com/2021/09/eternal-kiss-of-darkness-by-jea... ( )
  Katie.Loughlin | Sep 19, 2021 |
Eternal Kiss of Darkness was excellent. I loved it. I enjoy that Jeaniene Frost has done a spin off of the Night Huntress series and tells the stories of the other charters that we get to know and love. Great paranormal romance book. ( )
  angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
Synopsis: 'Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she’s only imagined in her worst nightmares.
At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master Vampire who thought he’d seen it all. Then Kira appears—this fearless, beautiful…human who braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life, yet sending her away is unthinkable.
But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose between the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.'
Review: Again, this is a romance novel with a bit of mayhem thrown in. And, again, it's like coming in in the middle of a movie. It was an interesting story line. ( )
  DrLed | Jul 25, 2020 |
I think it's safe to say that I'm addicted to these books. Lord knows what I'm going to do when I run out of Night Huntress books to read. I can be listening to perfectly good audiobooks and I just keep thinking that there's still Night Huntress books that I haven't listened to yet. But to this book in particular, it was great. I loved seeing another side of the emotionless and stoic Mencheres that we'd seen so far in the other books. In this book, Mencheres falls hard and fast for Kira and we get to see his walls come down. We also get to see/hear what's in his head and his thoughts are anything but emotionless. And Kira is a terrific main character. She's strong and thinks things out. She refuses to be swayed from her beliefs by something that's misleading.

This was a very good story. I liked the narrator much better in this book than I do in the Cat and Bones stories. I think that's mostly because she wasn't screwing up Mencheres' voice the way she does Bones'.

I do have to admit, though, I will be glad to get back to a book starring Cat and Bones. ( )
  melrailey | Apr 7, 2020 |
WOW! this book was great, Mencheres though he'd lost all that he had and was willing to give up his life, before he met Kira and then BAM WOW, it all changed gave him new hope which is great, because you can't really have a Cat and Bones story with out him, just like you can't without Spade, Vlad, and even Ian. Can't wait until the next book in the Night Huntress World comes out, especially can't wait for the next Night Huntress book to come out. ( )
  hixxup79 | Feb 23, 2020 |

Jeaniene Frostprimary authorall editionscalculated
Gilbert, TaviaNarratormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Demi, SilviaTraduttoresecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Müller, SandraÜbersetzersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For my beloved nieces and nephews,
the closest I'll come to children of my own.
Wesley, Lauren, Patrick, Michael,
Matthew, Christopher, and Amy.
May all of you find your own happily-ever-afters.
Mencheres smelled blood even before he caught the earthy scent of ghouls clustered on the ground floor of the decrepit warehouse.
Ever had a mob of villagers armed with torches and pitchforks burn your house down while screaming 'death to the wampyre!'? I have, and it's irritating beyond belief.

An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness...and now one woman has stumbled into the shadows.

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears - this fearless, beautiful....human who braved death to rescue him. Though her burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.

But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 165,880,847 books! | Top bar: Always visible