Smile! by Leigh Hodgkinson

Smile! (2009)

by Leigh Hodgkinson

Cute, bouncy book with a gentle message. Details I like: when she finds an antenna-headband in the sofa while looking for her smile, she wears it for the rest of the book. She finds one of her Dad's flip flops and says, "I think it's the FLOP one." She plays with the dog--a card game. ( )
  MelissaZD | Dec 31, 2013 |
This book is very extravagant in the pictures it is very busy with the colors and the drawings. This book is about a little girl who has lost something very important. Her smile. She looks every where and can not find it. She cleans her room, she fed the fish and even played with the dog. Her mom tells her she loves how her room is spic and span and she smiles and the twin brothers see her and tell her she finds her smile again.

My personal opinion is this book is good when kids are down about something it can give them something to be happy about and remember why those things make them happy.

A class room extension would be to make a little book called 5 top reasons why I smile and the kids can draw little pictures and color them and when they have a bad day they can look through there book and remind them what makes them happy. Another class room extension if they are learning about how to keep your smiles nice by taking care of your teeth invite a local dentist in to talk about dental hygiene and cavities. ( )
  Kelly.Jefferson | Sep 8, 2013 |
A young girl loses her smile and searches everywhere to recover it, and find it was in her home all along. ( )
  tmaslen | Jun 12, 2013 |
I really liked this book it is one of my favorites!! Its funny and tells how popular you are doesn't matter. This book is so amazing! ( )
  kiah_7 | Oct 13, 2011 |
For snodgrass and the fish (those two famous grinners)
Mum says I am to have NO MORE biscuits before tea time.

Meet Sunny. She is usually happy—sunshiny even! But not today. She’s lost one of her favorite things: her smile. Is it . . .

In her pocket?Under Mr. Honeycomb’s basket? Or did Glittergills take it?

This exuberant picture book shows that happiness is often right under your nose.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:49 -0400)

A little girl searches all over the house for the smile that seems to have deserted her.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,838,732 books! | Top bar: Always visible