The Hipster Handbook by Robert Lanham

The Hipster Handbook (2003)

by Robert Lanham

Thanks to this book, I now can pigeonhole most people I know into various stereotypes. The joy!

All the same, this book was entertaining. It had silly illustrations and was written in humorous way. I can now finally understand the true nature of pretension. ( )
  Lepophagus | Jun 14, 2018 |
So here I am dressed as fin as imaginable in my tie-die shirt and the test at the end of the book tells me I'm deck. The test came out more accurately for my husband pointing him out for for the poseur that he is. The illustrations are best part of the book and the most boring bits have to be the lengthy explanations of the various types of hipsters. By about the third one I just started skipping through these sections. ( )
  pussreboots | Aug 17, 2014 |
The Hipster Handbook by Robert Lanham (2003)
  cdp02005 | Aug 4, 2009 |
Super quick and slightly amusing read. If nothing else, it confirmed that I am old, boring and that I never was and never will be a “hipster.” Interesting mainly from a people watching perspective…which is something I enjoy a great deal. ( )
  the_hag | Jun 30, 2008 |
this is a funny little book. social commentary on the hipster phenomenon. and while i know that it's written to be tongue-in-cheek, it still made me sad and yearn for my little artsy hipster college town where i grew up. i miss you bloomington! i'll be back soon. ( )
  arsmith | Oct 8, 2007 |
You've seen them all over town with their mop-top haircuts, swinging retro pocketbooks, talking on cell phones, smoking European cigarettes, shading their eyes behind bug-eyed lenses, and strutting in platform shoes with a biography of Che sticking out of their bags.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,797,759 books! | Top bar: Always visible