Vancouver Special by Charles Demers

Vancouver Special

by Charles Demers

I picked this up because it thought it would help me get to know Vancouver better, and while it was interesting, it made me feel like a new kid at a large high school - so far out of the in-jokes there is no point trying. References to people, political events, and even sports teams went right over my head. I think this would have more to offer long time Vancouver residents. ( )
  francescadefreitas | Dec 14, 2010 |
A well written account of all the things that make up what Vancouver was/is/will be. My only complaint is that my edition was screwed up and half way through the book skipped from one chapter to repeating two others before moving on. Thus I feel I missed out on a fair bit. Otherwise a good read. ( )
  kanata | Apr 11, 2010 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,765,725 books! | Top bar: Always visible