HomeGroupsTalkExplore

Anastasia on Her Own

by Lois Lowry

Series: Anastasia Krupnik (5)

Her family's new organized schedule for easy housekeeping makes thirteen-year-old Anastasia confident that she can run the household while her mother is out of town, until she hits unexpected complications.

Family's new organized schedule for housekeeping makes Anastasia sure she can run the house while mom's away.
  BLTSbraille | Sep 3, 2021 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
When Anastasia's mother is out of town for two weeks, it's up to her to keep the household running. Sam gets chicken pox, and her father's old flame, Annie, pops up out of nowhere and worms her way into a dinner invitation. Anastasia invites her pseudo-boyfriend, Steve, to have dinner with them, and she's determined to make it a romantic first date. Needless to say, things don't work out as planned.
Not as funny as previous Anastasia entries, and I missed Mrs. Krupnik, since her parents are such interesting characters themselves. That Mrs. Krupnik seems to be the only one in the house capable of doing anything around the house makes this feel pretty sexist and dated. ( )
  fingerpost | Aug 16, 2019 |
3.5 stars. I forgot how crazy these books are! Oh Anastasia..... ( )
  Gaiagirlie | Jan 12, 2017 |
The Anastasia series was one of my favorite book series as a kid - partly because the main character's name was Anastasia, and partially because it's just such a cute series. I couldn't believe when I stumbled across one of the Anastasia books at a thrift store, and of course bought it & read it for the first book in my "YA of the 80's & 90's" book challenge.

The book is cute, full of kid-drama, and reminds me of life when I was that age. ( )
  anastaciaknits | Oct 29, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 183,289,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible