Aunt Dimity's Christmas by Nancy Atherton

Aunt Dimity's Christmas (1999)

by Nancy Atherton

I really enjoy the Aunt Dimity books. They are very cozy mysteries and once in a while it's nice to read a mystery where everything works out in the end! ( )
  ChelleBearss | Mar 10, 2018 |
This was very easy to read and was fairly entertaining. However, the main character (Lori) got all over my last nerve. Her obsession with Kit was not a healthy one, and I felt that the author conveyed it with such a heavy hand that the story suffered. Also, her attraction to Julian was completely unnecessary.

It all ended well, but this recalls my dislike for her character in the first book. I enjoyed the second in this series so much more because the main characters were Derek and Emma Harris, and not Lori.

I recommend this as a nice, light and quick read, but be ready to get your hackles up, if you are like me. ( )
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
Another in the Aunt Dimity Mystery series.... Dimity Westwood dies years ago & left her cottage & fortune to Lori... She commands Lori to figure out various mysteries via literal "Ghost Writing" in a blank blue journal.

This one has to do with the rescue of a tramp found barely alive outside the cottage... Balm for the soul, christian platitudes, helping those less fortunate..... really preachy and a lot of filler for a book with an interesting conclusion. ( )
  Auntie-Nanuuq | Jan 18, 2016 |
A balm to read. ( )
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
This series is always a pleasant read. ( )
  kp9949 | Oct 19, 2015 |
For
Mom and Dad,
my heroes
My father died when I was three months old.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0140296301, Mass Market Paperback)

Lori Shepherd and her family spend Christmas in the cottage willed to her by her late Aunt Dimity, but when she discovers a stranger barely alive in the snow, she teams up with a priest and together they unveil the tragic secret that led the stranger to her door.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:31 -0400)

Lady sleuth Lori Shepard, an American who is living in an English village, finds a collapsed stranger on her doorstep. She joins a handsome priest to search for the man's identity, a search which takes her from a homeless shelter to an insane asylum. By the author of Aunt Dimity Digs In.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,990,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible