Rot and Ruin

by Jonathan Maberry

Series: Rot & Ruin (1), Benny Imura (1)

In a post-apocalyptic world where fences and border patrols guard the few people left from the zombies that have overtaken civilization, fifteen-year-old Benny Imura is finally convinced that he must follow in his older brother's footsteps and become a bounty hunter.

English (101)  Italian (1)  All languages (102)
Teen fiction; zombie fighting a little romance (between the living, not zoms!). A little slow to start for some tastes (all that world building), but this should do well with boys (even the reluctant ones) and girls alike. I'm glad to see that this is a series. ( )
  reader1009 | Jul 3, 2021 |
I'm not a big zombie book reader, but this story has action, mystery and romance. It was reallly good! ( )
  Emma.June.Lyon | Feb 23, 2021 |
A more compassionate book on the zombie apocalypse. Benny is, at times, annoying and stubbornly obtuse but he comes around in the end. The plot and action were compelling enough to keep me reading and I finished most of the book in one day. ( )
  Sarah220 | Jan 23, 2021 |
Wow! Outstanding book - intricate and thoughtful and full of incredible world building details. Totally shed a tear at the end. Can't wait for the next in the series. One of the better YA novels I've read in a long time. ( )
  scout101 | Sep 15, 2020 |
One of the best post-apocalyptic novels I’ve read. It’s SO much more than zombies.....!
5 stars, and highly recommended ( )
  stephanie_M | Apr 30, 2020 |
This is no ordinary zombie novel. Maberry has given it a soul in the form of two brothers who captured my heart from the first page and refused to let go.
added by cmwilson101 | editAmazon, Maria V. Snyder

Belongs to Series

Benny Imura couldn't hold a job, so he took to killing. It was the family business.

In the zombie-infested, post-apocalyptic America where Benny Imura lives, every teenager must find a job by the time they turn fifteen or get their rations cut in half. Benny doesn't want to apprentice as a zombie hunter with his boring older brother Tom, but he has no choice. He expects a tedious job whacking zoms for cash, but what he gets is a vocation that will teach him what it means to be human.

Jonathan Maberry is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Author Chat

Jonathan Maberry chatted with LibraryThing members from Mar 22, 2010 to Apr 4, 2010. Read the chat.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,195,993 books! | Top bar: Always visible