The Capture by Kathryn Lasky

The Capture (2003)

by Kathryn Lasky

English (48)  German (1)  All languages (49)
Very fun read. I love Lasky's style of writing! Great story, interesting characters, and a strong plot. ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
Pretty intense story for kids, I have to say. I didn't see the movie so I don't know how much of it got translated, but I was definitely surprised. There's some fairly brutal violence. The plot is very engaging, though, and it's (for the most part) written well enough that it's not painful for adults to read. Also you learn a lot about owls, which seems kind of contrived, but is interesting nonetheless. ( )
  mirikayla | Feb 8, 2016 |
Couldn't put it down ( )
  Erika.D | Jan 28, 2016 |
Great series. Interesting first book. Didn't like what they did to it for the movie, but that's typical. Love Digger.
  mateideyr | Jul 17, 2015 |
I came into this expecting something in the same vein of Watership Down or Erin Hunter's Warriors series. I was sadly mistaken. This is closer to Redwall, minus the awesome characters, action, adventure, or interest. I normally adore Kathryn Lasky, but the first half was ridiculously painful to suffer through. Once the owls escaped from their captors it picks up quite a bit, but I don't have the patience to continue the series if the first half of this book is in any way an indication of what I have in store.

The reader's voices sucked as well. ( )
  benuathanasia | May 14, 2015 |
To Ann Reit, Wise Owl, Great Flight Instructor
Noctus, can you spare a bit more down, darling?

One evil brother,
and now trapped in high danger,
Soren must learn to fly.
(Firefox-Flame_dancer)

GUARDIANS OF GA'HOOLE is a classic hero mythology about the fight between good and evil. This series is filled with adventure, suspense, and heart.

In the first book in the GUARDIANS... series, the reader is introduced to Soren, a barn owl and the centerpiece of the series. When Soren is pushed from his family's nest by his older brother, he is rescued from certain death on the forest floor by agents from a mysterious school for orphaned owls, St. Aggie's. When Soren arrives at St. Aggie's, he suspects there is more to the school than meets the eye. He and his new friend, the clever and scrappy Gylfie, find out that St. Aggie's is actually a training camp where the school's leader can groom young owls to help achieve her goal--(cont.)

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:50 -0400)

When Soren, a barn owl, arrives at St. Aggie's, a school for orphaned owls, he suspects trouble and with his new friend, a clever elf owl named Gylfie, embarks on a perilous journey to save all owls from the danger at St. Aggie's.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,396,481 books! | Top bar: Always visible